GG Animated Darth Vader Maquette nameplate label mistake...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
from GG Blog:

Animated Darth Vader Maquette
Oops… Due to an oversight during the production process, Gentle Giant Ltd.’s recently released Animated Darth Vader maquette was incorrectly labeled on the underside as “Dath Vader”. Gentle Giant wholeheartedly apologizes to all fans, collectors and the Lucasfilm community for this mistake.

To rectify this error, we are having an adhesive nameplate with the correct name printed that can be adhered to the base to cover the mistake. We will post notification on our site when the nameplates are available.

If you have purchased this maquette and would like to receive the correction when it becomes available:

Option 1 - You may send images of the underside of your maquette showing the name and edition number along with your mailing address to [email protected]. Please have the subject of your email titled “Darth Vader nameplate”. We will mail out the nameplate when we receive your request.

Option 2 - Or if you prefer, we can attach the nameplate for you. Please send your maquette to:
Attn: Customer Service
Gentle Giant Studios, Inc.
7511 N. San Fernando Rd.
Burbank, CA 91505

If option 2 is chosen, Gentle Giant will only pay for one way shipping to return the product to you. For our customers outside the United States and Canada we will only offer option 1 due to the high cost of shipping charges. Thank you for your understanding.

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your continued support of Gentle Giant Ltd.

Great another varient that will fetch huge money on the secondary market. Where will it end?

That is really funny!! You know there will be some funny ebay auctions on this one.

jlcmsu said:
That is really funny!! You know there will be some funny ebay auctions on this one.

:lol soooo true :

Buy It NoW!!!!! GG Dath Vader Exclusive!!!! Rare !!!!:lol

They can label Darth Vader as Ernest Borgnine on the bottom of the maquette for all I care. I certainly don't intend to display it upside down.
-theropod

theropod said:
They can label Darth Vader as Ernest Borgnine on the bottom of the maquette for all I care. I certainly don't intend to display it upside down.
-theropod

Neither do I but we are all aware that a lot of Star Wars collectors are a funny breed indeed!

:D

Funny. :lol I'm keeping mine as is when he arrives. That adhesive nameplate will probably be uglier-looking than the name misspelling.

choopie said:
Funny. :lol I'm keeping mine as is when he arrives. That adhesive nameplate will probably be uglier-looking than the name misspelling.

exactly my thoughts ^^;;
and besides: I don't care whats on the underside of my maquette... that is, as long as some HK guy claims to have my number "in hand" and is selling it on ebay :maul only then I care! (happend one time with my morgul lord, which got a pretty low number, and that guy was trying to get some bucks by claiming a wrong number)

Don't have my good camera but here are a few pics:

vader1.jpg

vader2.jpg

vader3.jpg

:lol thanks for the pics. He came out really nice. I just wonder how that nameplate will go on it? Will that name plate raise the statue a bit?

Im guessing it will be a thin sticker. If I got one I would rather the Dath Vader version since that is so funny.

:lol i see this as a disgrace to the most, IMO, sinister villain in the movie history.

TOE said:
:lol i see this as a disgrace to the most, IMO, sinister villain in the movie history.
See to me its so bad its funny. Its one of those things you would never expect.

Back