• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Orthanc

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt I tell you this sincerely. I bought this thing for retail many years ago and it's not worth more than $200.00 in my opinion. They go for over $800 I'm sure but I recommend you spend that $$$ on another rare LOTR Weta statue. That's just my advice but do as your heart tells you bro.

DannieDarKo said:
Matt I tell you this sincerely. I bought this thing for retail many years ago and it's not worth more than $200.00 in my opinion. They go for over $800 I'm sure but I recommend you spend that $$$ on another rare LOTR Weta statue. That's just my advice but do as your heart tells you bro.

I never understood the value of thie piece either.. Not when my Fav Weta peice Treebeard doesnt increase a dime in value..

Wutever..:rolleyes:

DannieDarKo said:
Totally agree with this. But if you do buy one, let us know what it feels like to only have one arm and one leg.

Bannister said:
Totally agree with this. But if you do buy one, let us know what it feels like to only have one arm and one leg.

IN CASE YOU'LL NEED ONE LOTRFan, I HAVE A PROSTHETIC LEG FOR SALE..I ONLY USED IT ONCE, FOR AN EXPERIENCE...

Yeah, I know it isn't that imposing sizewise, but it was actually used in the filming of ROTK; imagine, real life poly in the background. Having seen it up-close I would say that the detail is pretty much second to none. Different strokes I suppose.

It is the last of the "big-ticket" items I need from the SSW line, so I was just throwing a line out there.

LOTRFan said:
Yeah, I know it isn't that imposing sizewise, but it was actually used in the filming of ROTK; imagine, real life poly in the background. Having seen it up-close I would say that the detail is pretty much second to none. Different strokes I suppose.

It is the last of the "big-ticket" items I need from the SSW line, so I was just throwing a line out there.
Where in Return of the King was the Weta Orthanc used?

Bannister said:
Where in Return of the King was the Weta Orthanc used?

During the beginning shots with Pippin and Merry, Orthanc is mostly in the background. I was listening to the commentary, and PJ mentioned something about having taken apart/destroyed the bigature, and so the SSW piece filled in.

Pretty cool eh? One of our collectibles actually used in the filming. Bet you feel bad for bagging on it now ..... :monkey3

:lol

LOTRFan said:
During the beginning shots with Pippin and Merry, Orthanc is mostly in the background. I was listening to the commentary, and PJ mentioned something about having taken apart/destroyed the bigature, and so the SSW piece filled in.

Pretty cool eh? One of our collectibles actually used in the filming. Bet you feel bad for bagging on it now ..... :monkey3

Heck no Matt, paid $100 for mine and made $1200.00 in the end. Don't miss it at all, goodluck with your search though.

LOTRFan said:

They must have taken it apart, because I saw the bigature on display at the LOTR exhibit. I never bagged on it. It is a great piece for the original $95.00, but for $800.00-$1000.00, hell no.

Bannister said:
They must have taken it apart, because I saw the bigature on display at the LOTR exhibit. I never bagged on it. It is a great piece for the original $95.00, but for $800.00-$1000.00, hell no.

Oh I know, and I agree -- but I have the bug. :sick :duh

Like the WiKi crown in the helm set, Orthanc is the only missing piece in my collection of enviros, but I just can't bring myself to pay so much for either of them.

Here's hoping that The Danbury Mint releases one...

Back