Wes,Fred & Gunn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thamesvalidude

Super Freak
Reaction score
Alright, I concede we are seeing the wind down of this line. I guess the 350 PF Spike production run sums it up. However, we do need 3 more figures from Angel if we are not going to be left with huge gaps in our collections:
Wesley, Fred/Illyria and lastly Gunn. I don't see any of them having an edition size of more than 500.

However, I am sure there would be dancing in the streets of the Whedonville community if a dark willow or an anya/ayanka were announced.:D

Oh and note to production, please try and ensure both eyes point in the same direction!:confused:

even though i cancelled my cordelia figure i would like to to see this line continued. gunn, wesley, and maybe some bad guys from the show.

I'm not sure we'll see all of them. I'm not sure about the future of the line, but it wouldn't surprise me if the line was winding down. I'm getting Cordelia over the weekend (hopefully I'll get one with a decent paint job - that's really the only problem I have with her), and I'm incredibly excited for Giles, but once I have them....the only other one I would truly love that they haven't made is Wesley (and Jenny, but I've always known that one would never happen).

My wishlist would go like this:

Wesley (Seasons3-5)
Fred (scientist Season 5)
Gunn
Illyria
Connor (Q'uortoth clothes)
Lilah
Lindsay (You're Welcome)
Human Darla (maybe pregnant, with red dress)
Human Dru
Jasmine

If we could just get Wes, Gunn and Illyria or Fred and the line ended, I would be satisfied with that. My bones are telling me that Lorne is the end though, I sooo hope my bones are lying to me.

That wouldn't surprise me. I'd be disappointed about not getting Wesley...but I won't be overly upset. I'm a Buffy/Angel fan, but I like the figures I have and with Giles and Cordelia, I'm pleased with my collection as it is.

Oh god I hope it's not the end I want my Wes!

It has to be gun toteing f*cked up season 5 version though.

I really hope this isn't the end. I am surprised by the low edition size on the Exclusive Spike PF. But it is a Premium Format figure.

With all the Buffy/Angel merchandise now, I really think collectors may be a bit more discriminating. I am just glad that Sideshow finally did Cordelia. I love her even though some here aren't happy with her. I think she looks great.

I would love to see Wes, Fred, and Gunn. I would think that SSE would still make money off 500 Edition size. It seems like when the run is that low the after market on these figures is really high, even though it sometimes takes them a while to sell out on Sideshow's site. Both Darlas, D'Hoffryn, and X-Files Krychek are go for really high prices on eBay.

I would have thought the Cordelia would have long sold out by now. I really love the figure, and hopefully it won't be the end of the Angel line. Of course, we still have Lorne to go, but his edition size hasn't been set yet.

They have 1500 Cordelia languishing in the warehouse - I wouldn't count your Angel characters before they're hatched.

Alright, I concede we are seeing the wind down of this line. I guess the 350 PF Spike production run sums it up. However, we do need 3 more figures from Angel if we are not going to be left with huge gaps in our collections:
Wesley, Fred/Illyria and lastly Gunn. I don't see any of them having an edition size of more than 500.

PF's and 12"'s are apples and oranges though. I wouldn't judge how a PF sells if there are going to be more 12" characters. More 12" (or lower edition) depends on the sale of Cordy, Giles and Lorne!:chew

Darklord Dave said:
They have 1500 Cordelia languishing in the warehouse - I wouldn't count your Angel characters before they're hatched.

Come on Dave, the edition size was way, way too optimistic on Cordelia and many potential buyers on these boards have been put off by the eye problem.
If Giles is only a 500 line then so should the others be, but let's have 'em!

If I don't have a complete Angel core figure line why would I continue to collect LOTR figues...so the fellowship will be.....4 figures perhaps? No non humans maybe? What's the guarantee of line completion?
Why would I continue to collect Star Wars...no Padme (EU not included)? no Palpatine?

The precedent could be huge!:rolleyes:

Sideshow have been brilliant in listening to these boards, we got Skinner didn't we? We got Giles?

Wesley and Illyria/Fred are absolute MUST DO's. Gunn is expendable.

But sorry Dave skip is for the skip!

Darklord Dave said:

Well, not to be a smart ass, but I have a Cordelia sitting on my Buffy shelf, and I have seen picks from at least 10 other collectors proving they own the figure also. So, the most they could have is 1490 :monkey5

But seriously, consider the fact that A.) they opened it up to retailers (I know BigBadToyStore and the one with the Buffy Collector's club received stock), B.) A large number of Buffy collectors, while *****ing, still kept their orders alive to complete the Scoobies, and C.) 1500 isn't that large of a release for worldwide, I would be shocked if they had more than 500 in stock right now. And those will sell through as soon as Giles hits the streets ... because many are waiting on Giles before they buy Cordy to go with their Buffy display. Heck, even though many hate the sculpt, Willow will pick up once these collectors are able to complete the gang (although she will probably be in the back in the shadows :cool:

The only mistake that Sideshow made was assuming they could sell 1500 from their site. Release 1500 to the general market from the beginning, open to retailers, and they were be sold out already.

P.S. As someone else mentioned, comparing PF to 12" ers is ridiculous ... and a waste of time. I have every Buffy 12" right now except the old Gentleman set and Der Kinderstad and Dru (who I will be picking up after X-mas). But, despite being a Buffy fanatic, I do plan on ever buying a Buffy PF. Too little space, too little money. I only own 2 PF, Vader and Ben. And I will be trading my Exc. Ben in Jan. for the PF Luke/Yoda. The only other PF I would ever consider would be Boba and a PF Bespin Luke/Jedi Luke with Saber extended. And that would only be to go with Vader. Heck ... I wouldn't even have bought those 2 if not for M. Crawford's toy pimpin' review and the fact I got both of them for 400 dollars combined.. They are the exception for me because I can buy some many great SS 12"ers for the amount of a regular PF.

Edition size is a funny thing. Some of the stuff SSC has in stock - I can't pick up locally from a third party at all. Other stuff that is sold out there is plentiful in the third party market and can be got for a heavy discount.

LordAzrael said:
Edition size is a funny thing. Some of the stuff SSC has in stock - I can't pick up locally from a third party at all. Other stuff that is sold out there is plentiful in the third party market and can be got for a heavy discount.

Please holla if you find any Cave or Stone Trolls down there :D

thamesvalidude said:
Sideshow have been brilliant in listening to these boards, we got Skinner didn't we? We got Giles?
But still no Medieval f'un Kurgen. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Come on, you have to admit it would be fun. If you can't beat them join 'em, eh Thames. :lol :banghead :banghead :banghead

pordey2 said:
Please holla if you find any Cave or Stone Trolls down there :D

I don't look but the shipping would probably be prohibitive ;p

There are however regularly Buffy figures at around $A30 - even long sold out ones. I only started collecting 18 months ago and the only Buffy one I don't have is D'Hoffryn - and of those I think Human Spike was the only one I paid a premium for - all others were retail (very few) or less (majority). I just picked up two vampire spikes last week for $A25 each just for spare bodies and stands (the art buck retails for $A40 here to give you an idea).

olvidadero said:
My wishlist would go like this:

Wesley (Seasons3-5)
Fred (scientist Season 5)
Gunn
Illyria
Connor (Q'uortoth clothes)
Lilah
Lindsay (You're Welcome)
Human Darla (maybe pregnant, with red dress)
Human Dru
Jasmine
That'ed be my list with the exception of Conner, I hate that little punk.
If they never do at least a Fredd, Wesley, and Lilah then I would feel very let down.
They also have to release Jasmine with a extra rotten maggot covered head or just as the exclusive version.

creecher said:
Come on, you have to admit it would be fun. If you can't beat them join 'em, eh Thames. :lol :banghead :banghead :banghead

Keep on head bangin' Creech, it seems to work!!!!

There'll be a medieval Keurgan before you know it...or come round...whatever!

In fact I'll join you..here's for medieval Kurgan (and a Wesley and an Illyria)
:banghead :banghead :duff :banghead :banghead

Back