Spike PF EX set at 350 pieces!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
We'd like to announce that the edition size for our Sideshow Exclusive Spike Premium Format figure has been set at a low 350 pieces worldwide. This sneaky, slayer-loving vampire has reached low quantity alert, so don't delay! You don't want to miss this edition, which features the option to display his perfectly sculpted vamp face!

lcummins said:
We'd like to announce that the edition size for our Sideshow Exclusive Spike Premium Format figure has been set at a low 350 pieces worldwide. This sneaky, slayer-loving vampire has reached low quantity alert, so don't delay! You don't want to miss this edition, which features the option to display his perfectly sculpted vamp face!
I am surprised this has the same es as Buffy. I thought this would have been more popular, especially because his exclusive is more essential than Buffy's.

Bannister said:
I am surprised this has the same es as Buffy. I thought this would have been more popular, especially because his exclusive is more essential than Buffy's.

Yeah, I don't understand this at all! If you saw this at SDCC, you would have ordered it on the spot!!! Where are all the Buffy collectors???

lcummins said:
Yeah, I don't understand this at all! If you saw this at SDCC, you would have ordered it on the spot!!! Where are all the Buffy collectors???
I think a lot of them lost interest after Willow and Faith. This forum is a pretty good gauge of just how little interest there is in Sideshow Buffy/Angel stuff these days.

I wonder when they'll decide the regular edition run. I'm glad I have the exclusive on pre-order because I really do consider the vampire head essential. This is going to be one awesome PF.

TheObsoleteMan said:
I think a lot of them lost interest after Willow and Faith. This forum is a pretty good gauge of just how little interest there is in Sideshow Buffy/Angel stuff these days.

I think Willow hurt Sideshow the most. After Buffy herself, Willow is probably the most popular character in the Buffyverse, and the 12" Willow looks horrible. I bet a ton of people decided not to collect the line as a result.

Yeah, but those are 12"... these are Premium Format figures! Do people fear the same thing will happen in this line? or that Sideshow will not complete the line?

lcummins said:
Yeah, but those are 12"... these are Premium Format figures! Do people fear the same thing will happen in this line? or that Sideshow will not complete the line?
That's another thing. I think the Buffy crowd is more likely to collect the 12" dolls as opposed to the premium formats due to price and range of characters. They want the whole Buffy gang and seeing as Sideshow has yet to give them that in the 12" range I doubt they have much confidence of it happening with the premium formats, and even if they did make the whole gang it would be very expensive.

TheObsoleteMan said:
That's another thing. I think the Buffy crowd is more likely to collect the 12" dolls as opposed to the premium formats due to price and range of characters. They want the whole Buffy gang and seeing as Sideshow has yet to give them that in the 12" range I doubt they have much confidence of it happening with the premium formats, and even if they did make the whole gang it would be very expensive.

That's exactly why I like the line! If Sideshow only gives us Buffy, Spike, Angel and Willow, I would be happy! And maybe Cordy... and Zander ... :monkey3

Thats a really good number for the exclusive... but still can't decide if I should order it or not, love my Buffy PF but can only fit so many in the house and Buffy's lagging behind SSE Monsters, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, not to mention Bruce.

Spike with the Vampire head though is a must :) if I had faith that there would be the rest of the gang afterwards I'd be more apt to get Spike, sadly I don't think there will be, but I hope I am wrong.

Evan

Jair said:
Thats a really good number for the exclusive... but still can't decide if I should order it or not, love my Buffy PF but can only fit so many in the house and Buffy's lagging behind SSE Monsters, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, not to mention Bruce.

Spike with the Vampire head though is a must :) if I had faith that there would be the rest of the gang afterwards I'd be more apt to get Spike, sadly I don't think there will be, but I hope I am wrong.

Evan

You couldn't live with just Buffy, Spike and Angel as PF figures? At least it would save space and money...

I have Spike on pre-order, and I'm glad I did, because it's going to be a very sought after collectible in the near future. My gess is that with so many pre-orders and another PF statue at the same time, people couldn't afford Spike as well, that's probably why the ES is so low (something which doesn't surprise me at all). I pre-ordered it and I'll start figuring out next month how am I gonna pay. Once this is sold out and begins to ship, I'm sure many people will regret not having ordered him.

The Willow issue has been discussed millions of times. I'm a die-hard fan of all things Buffy/Angel and was really upset myself (but got her anyway). However, I'm still a supporter of the line in the hopes that someday the ones at SSC gives us what we deserve and re-do Willow (and Faith, of course). Are you listening SIdeshow? Do a new Willow, and people will come back!

After reading this thread, I want exclusive Spike :eek:

EDIT:
Aww - see what you have done now, Lonnie!
Just ordered Spike PF after reading this - didn't know he wasn't sold out yet...
And I choose FLEXPAY - so no turning back...

My second PF it will be :D

Last edited:
pordey2 said:

EDIT:
Just ordered Spike PF after reading this - didn't know he wasn't sold out yet...

I'm glad you pre-ordered it. I hope it sells out this weekend

I wasn't too pleased about the Season1 Buffy, so I didn't really want to order this if I would end up with only Spike... But I'm hoping for a new Buffy and a Willow and Xander too
:monkey5

TheObsoleteMan said:

I think there is still enough interest out there to have a Wesley and a Fred/Illyria and maybe a Gunn. A Dark willow would be a definite hit. Even so I don't think we'll see any 1000+ edition sizes of anything.
As for the PFs, I'm afraid I'm just not interested. They look great but I don't like the oversized stands and I just don't have the room (I already have 5 Star Wars PFs)

pordey2 said:

EDIT:

Trust me, the prototype at SDCC was amazing and if they don't make any drastic changes, you won't regret it! People really will be wanting him when he ships.

thamesvalidude said:
I think there is still enough interest out there to have a Wesley and a Fred/Illyria and maybe a Gunn. A Dark willow would be a definite hit. Even so I don't think we'll see any 1000+ edition sizes of anything.
As for the PFs, I'm afraid I'm just not interested. They look great but I don't like the oversized stands and I just don't have the room (I already have 5 Star Wars PFs)

I'm sure we will see at least Wesley and Illyria. I would love to have each and every single important character in the Angel series (that includes Lilah, Lindsay and yes, Connor), but I must start accepting the fact that only the core characters (and maybe not all of them) will accompany my Buffy figures on my shelves. If they decide to release a Fred/Illyria figure, I'm sure they'll go with Illyria. That would be great, but it'd extremely painful not having Fred. Wesley is the only one that was a core character the whole 5 seasons and will surely become a 12 inch figure in the near future (I'm confident it'll manage to get a 1000 or 1500 ES as Cordy). As for Gunn, I trust SSC that they won't leave us without him and eventually do him even though it's a really low ES.

The Buffy line still needs a bunch of figures to make it "feel" complete. We need Anya and Anyanka. We need a new Willow and a Tara to go with her (OMWF two pack, a dream of many come true). And we need the lil sis Dawnie, who I know is not the most popular character, but who I think is a crucial part of the Buffy series. As for variants, a Buffybot, a Dark Willow and a William the Poet would definitely boost sales!

Are you reading, Sideshow!?:cool:

i've had spike on preorder since day 1. even though i'm not a total buffy collector the spike PF looks awesome and he's one of my favorite characters. i agree that the exclusive is the only way to go on this guy. of course i might have to cancel due to funding issues, but it doesnt hurt to wait it out--things might change.

the Spike PF looks decent enough. while i only watch buffy casually...edition sizes don't really mean anything to me and won't prompt a Spike purchase on the exclusive. i'm not really worried about the "after market" for any of these either. my philosophy is that if I like the piece, I'll buy it. but i won't go as far as opening up my wallet at an inflated price if I choose to buy it later. it's all about the waiting game...

Back