Life sized Predator Bust Commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dlesko

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi guys. This is a kit i built and painted for a client. I have no clue where he got it but it was the worst casting ive ever worked on. The clean-up and build itself took over 15 hours. Nothing fit. There was a 1/8th inch step running across the head that had to be ground down and then the area resculpted. Everything that could have gone wrong while building this guy did. The foam i filled it with did not expand. Had to drain it all out and refill. This was by far the hardest build and paint ive ever done. I really hope i pulled it off, lol. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks!

Dave, the paint is just awesome!
Whatever work you did to repair it, I can't see.

The sculpt, however, I'm not liking it.
Just about the only angle I can enjoy is from the 3rd pic you posted. The profile.

The thing looks like a wild, mutated dog. :lol

Dave, the paint is just awesome!
Whatever work you did to repair it, I can't see.

The sculpt, however, I'm not liking it.
Just about the only angle I can enjoy is from the 3rd pic you posted. The profile.

The thing looks like a wild, mutated dog. :lol

:goodpost: Pretty much sums it up,

Great job with the paint and assembly but at the end of the day you can't put lipstick on a pig.

Thanks guys. Yeah, im not a fan of the sculpt. The client bought it and shipped it to me. It was a ton of work but i do like how he turned out.

Seen this one on Ebay a few times, you can tell it's horrific even without the paint. I think when artists are sculpting Mandibles some kind of magic spell falls over the persons hands and they are suddenly working with their feet, and that's even the Sideshow guys. Very very few statue's or toys (if any) get them spot on. This has all sorts of wrong going on though, head shape, eye's, neck.....

Awesome job though, the colours and depth are top notch. I'd use you if you were in Aus!

Not clue what Predator this is supposed to be. Im guessing the sculptor didnt even look at a reference. As for the paint job, my client wanted it to have stripes going down to the mandibles and thats what he got. I think it turned out real well considering...

Back