Disney/Lucasfilm make it official: existing Star Wars EU "NON-CANON"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sense a great disturbance, as if thousands of nerds cried out and spilled mountain dew all over their cheesey sw novels :lol

I'm starting up on the new canon stuff, but do you think it would be worth it to read some of the old EU? Never ready any EU and not sure I should spend time on it. Any thoughts?

I'm starting up on the new canon stuff, but do you think it would be worth it to read some of the old EU? Never ready any EU and not sure I should spend time on it. Any thoughts?

It's were Luke met Mara Jade.

Choices_of_One_PB_art.jpg

the_hand_of_judgement_by_wraithdt-d5gu037.jpg

Mara-and-Luke-luke-and-mara-skywalker-25345578-830-428.png

It's were Luke met Mara Jade.

Choices_of_One_PB_art.jpg

the_hand_of_judgement_by_wraithdt-d5gu037.jpg

Mara-and-Luke-luke-and-mara-skywalker-25345578-830-428.png

So is that a yes? I'm specifically thinking of reading the Thrawn Trilogy. Part of me thinks it's sort of a waste now that they've officially made it non-canon. Plus the new movies are coming out and it seems like they're going in a different direction.

So is that a yes? I'm specifically thinking of reading the Thrawn Trilogy. Part of me thinks it's sort of a waste now that they've officially made it non-canon. Plus the new movies are coming out and it seems like they're going in a different direction.

You have a year till Star Wars come out. Reading should hold you over for now.

True. I guess I should give it a go. See if it lives up to the hype.

As an avid EU fan I would suggest Shadows of the Empire, the Thrawn trilogy and of course Darth Plagueis.Also the Darth Vader novel that drops pretty much after Rots is a great read.I am currently reading Tarkin.
Legends or canon, I do not really care, I just love star wars.

The Thrawn Trilogy is great. I read it when I was younger and re-read it again about ten years ago.

I'll put a vote in for the Courtship of Princess Leia...
Do they get together or not? Read it to find out.
And it has Nightsisters!

Jedi academy trilogy and I, Jedi are good.
Also consider these authors work on all kinds of other licenses so you may be familiar with them. Aaron Allston is great!

1052075.jpg

Not at this point. I liked the character of Kyle Kartan. Neither are Reven, or Malik or Darth Malgus. Bane is as his ghost had an appearance in the clone wars cartoon.

Back