May the 4th Event 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ihvbfat.gif

But I would :blissy:blissy:blissy if I'd be wrong.

Well the first reveal is Boba Fett and is either the life size figure or a new PF.

The second is Jango. Could be either a 1/6 figure or the basically confirmed PF.

Third is obviously the life size Yoda.

And the 4th is R2. Could be anything.

Hopefully the two surprises will be new PFs or a life size bust. We could really use that new Vader or maybe even Mara Jade. Or something we haven't even heard about yet like a Thrawn PF or bust or a Mace Windu PF.

Jango PF would be great !!

I would get a geekgasm if we get the new Vader PF to see

There's so many PFs that would be awesome. A new Vader, Mace Windu, Mara Jade, Thrawn, Galen Marek (Please oh please Sideshow), Ewan McGregor Obi-Wan, or any of the cool prequel jedi (I'd love a Luminara Unduli/Barriss Offee double PF).

I'd also love a good life size bust. I prefer characters vs. any old alien like the Gammorean or Hammerhead as many would like.

And maybe we could get a large scale Ventress Piece that isn't the crappy cartoon version? :ohbfrank: I know. I can dream though can't I?

I think the two surprises might just be sales and Sidehsow's are usually small and insignificant.

I want mythos.

I really hope the Boba is a new PF, LSB or LSF, basically anything except the life sized figure

So they just shoved everything out the airlock. Sigh, a Thrawn trilogy would have been amazing.

I'm sure that some things will be used. They might keep the Thrawn trilogy because it's so long before the new movies and it doesn't really affect things much. And I think it's likely that Mara Jade will be in the new movies so it could tie back that way.

It wasn't likely that much of the post-ROTJ stuff would be kept, especially the stuff from the NJO onward, there's too many significant things that happened that they wouldn't be able to address in the new movies without confusing audiences who know nothing about the EU.
My guess is that they will act like nothing significant happened since ROTJ so that the story in the new movies can have more importance. Realistically, the EU stories have much bigger, impactful stories than the movies so it was always an issue of overshadowing the movies plot with those stories.

What the're doing seems like overkill. They should be able to keep the big EU stuff that won't contradict post ROTJ movies. Del Rey and Dark Horse Clone Wars stuff, KOTOR era, The Force Unleashed, Thrawn if the twins and Mara Jade will still be canon in new movies.

Maybe they just didn't want to spend the time going over everything. I'd like them to keep stuff like KOTOR, but maybe they're thinking about doing their own story or movie and want to redo it.

Maybe it's just what they said. They're making new movies and all of the diverse story lines in the EU books just don't work for a good story in new movies. No more, no less. The books still exist, but the movies have their own plot line.

People tried to make a big deal out of the ridges on the Klingons when the first Star Trek movie came out, inventing all sorts of excuses. The truth is that it was just a change in make-up. This is no different. If you liked the EU books, you can still read them.

I like the "idea" of what they are trying to do but looking at what we've seen of "Rebels" so far is like where "The Clone Wars" began - which was very juvenile (it ended up having a broader appeal once it found it's feet) and worries me to think this is regarded "canon."

It sounds like so many of the well written (and mostly) mature content Star Wars EU is being left "behind" so they can form a new kiddie-friendly-Disney-demographic direction for Star Wars.

In 1977 Star Wars appealed to young and old, that was it's key. Now that we live in a post 9/11 world of political correctness where everything is being overly categorised and dumbed down, anyone with half a brain is being punished because the studios don't want to take any risks. I was a kid when I saw Star Wars and loved it (of course). I may not have understood the subtext or mythological references but I still loved the experience. Now as an adult I see it through different eyes and have an even higher appreciation of what Lucas achieved.

I think we all saw this coming as much as we didn't want to believe it. IMO, Disney historically is not good when it takes over a property. Their key interest is sales (makes sense, it's a business after all) and they want to sell as much crap to the younger population that they possibly can.

Mandible said it perfectly, SW has always been able to be appreciated by both young and old and I don't think Disney is aiming for that. Star Wars' best days are behind it and I'm afraid the future will not be bringing a lot of good SW our way.

I think we all saw this coming as much as we didn't want to believe it. IMO, Disney historically is not good when it takes over a property. Their key interest is sales (makes sense, it's a business after all) and they want to sell as much crap to the younger population that they possibly can.

Mandible said it perfectly, SW has always been able to be appreciated by both young and old and I don't think Disney is aiming for that. Star Wars' best days are behind it and I'm afraid the future will not be bringing a lot of good SW our way.

I don't think we can make that judgement yet. Clearly they are marketing things like Rebels to retain a young toy buying audience but we haven't seen the real stuff yet. Once we see the new film and read one of the new EU books like the Tarkin one we'll have an idea of what their intentions are for the franchise as a whole.

They also seem to be intent on keeping much of the EU or at least taking stuff from it. Hopefully they'll keep much of the good stories in some form. For example, if they want to do a loose adaptation of the Thrawn story to fit with the new lore in any format I'm ok with that.

But stuff that doesn't need to be scrapped like KOTOR and Clone Wars Era stories or The Force Unleashed shouldn't be.

By the way Mandible. Everything you said should be put on a plaque that we can nail to Disney HQ.

Back