Superman 1/4 from DC Direct

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PosterBoyKelly

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this, but anyone else see this? I mean the sculpt could be a little bit better, but hopefully now that Andy's going to DC Direct we'll get a Chris Reeve, or maybe a Keaton Batman 1/4? I dunno, maybe I'm a dreamer.

Anyway, kinda cool I think. If it were Bats or Shazam! I might be more inclined to buy this, but Superman would only sell me as Chris Reeve.

https://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/?dcd=5295&lst=new&cat=STATUES

I recommend waiting for Andy Bergholtz Sculpts... these will pale in comparison to his stuff...

Huge Superman fan here and I wouldn't take this if it were free. I definitely hope that SSC gets the DC license soon because....damn. I hope if Andy does 1/4 that they go back and redo this one....

They've done 3 Supermen in the 13" line already, so chances are they'll do another PF.

I'm also hoping they give Andy a chance to do him, but more importantly, if they do female PFs, he should get first shot at those too.

Andy's stuff will sell out fast and appreciate in value, just wait and see and forget about DC sharing their license, ain't gonna happen for the same reason they hired Andy...

DC will have a good showing @ SDCC in '07, can't wait. :D

Darklord Dave said:
They've done 3 Supermen in the 13" line already, so chances are they'll do another PF.

I'm also hoping they give Andy a chance to do him, but more importantly, if they do female PFs, he should get first shot at those too.

3? Did I miss one? The first Superman with Clark Kentability and then Classic Superman that is due out in March....what's the third?

Jedi_Mike said:
3? Did I miss one? The first Superman with Clark Kentability and then Classic Superman that is due out in March....what's the third?

Superman Returns.

Anyway, yeah I wouldn't buy it, but I expected worse. No offense, but Frodo is worse IMO, anyway I hope Andy kicks some butt and takes #'s. We may finally get some more quality DC products.

Not sure why anyone thinks that Bergholtz, or any other sculptor, is going to make a difference in DC's product. They have had several of the best sculptors in the industry working on their stuff for years (including a few sculpts from Andy if I remember correctly). Until their business plan changes expect more of the same thing, Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman over and over. Lines that start and stop without reason. Small statues with big price tags. Oh and more and more product with the big three. The best thing that could happen is for someone, ANYONE to start producing competeing lines of DC characters. DC doesn't have to try harder because they have no one to compete with. Multiple companies producing Marvel characters has shown that everyone has to up their game to stay competitive. As long as DC keeps everything in house expect more of the same.

Would be great to see them do a 1/4 Superman Kingdom Come version.
Superman_KingdomCome.jpg

Viking28 said:
Would be great to see them do a 1/4 Superman Kingdom Come version.
Superman_KingdomCome.jpg

That would be great, but I want a classic 1/4 supes first. then the kingdom come supes would be great.

Man I'm a huge Superman fan but this statue pales in comparison to what Sideshow has done. He looks terrible. DC seriously needs to start outsourcing their stuff. This looks as bad as those ugly ass DC Direct 13" figs. Ugh.

Its sad that the only even somewhat complete line so far is Alex Ross's Justice League 6.5" figures. DC Direct's poducts franlkly have looked pretty crappy recently and since aside from the Mattle 6inch Superman and Batman figures no one else will likley ever produce DC related merchandise this is all people can get and hence the same thing will continue. I dont expect it to be long before they do an Alex Ross 1/4 scale Superman.

I saw bigger size real pictures of this and imo it s..x.

I have difficulty to understand how can DC quality managers can approve such a statue.

I own one of the CKings Superman Premium custom statue and the only Superman statue that I might buy in future is the Alex Ross' Kingdom Come version.

Serpentor said:
Its sad that the only even somewhat complete line so far is Alex Ross's Justice League 6.5" figures. DC Direct's poducts franlkly have looked pretty crappy recently and since aside from the Mattle 6inch Superman and Batman figures no one else will likley ever produce DC related merchandise this is all people can get and hence the same thing will continue. I dont expect it to be long before they do an Alex Ross 1/4 scale Superman.

They're "New Frontier" line is pretty good though, based on the art work of Darwyn Cook.

I generally think DC Direct is half and half. Half pretty good (like Batman black and white statue series) half extra bad (like this) so it's unfortunate that this is the only company producing DC toys/statues. As a big DC fan (as much as Marvel) I'm really getting frustrated having so few items from them.

Back