Does anyone have a current and accurate price guide - Need a price check please

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garemlin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Looking for the current market price for a MOC Trendmaster's Torpedo Blast Godzilla with Apache Helicopter.

Thanks

"Price guides" are useless. Its worth what somebody will pay for it. Check Ebay and see what its selling for. Check prices on actual sold items, not list prices for items that are unsold.

SnakeDoc

If you mean this ("tornado blast" not "torpedo blast") ...

GodzillaApacheChopper-Front.jpg

... last Ebay sale for a MIB one was $6.99.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GODZILLA-M...7093?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item20e1b54655

SnakeDoc

Yup that's the one. Typo. Crazy I saw a few loose ones going for $25+.

Tap'd from my Nexus 7 v2

Was that sticker price, or a sold price? People can ask for whatever they want. You could put the thing on Ebay for $300 if you'd like. But, its not worth that much until somebody's willing to pay it.

SnakeDoc

Yup that's the one. Typo. Crazy I saw a few loose ones going for $25+.

Tap'd from my Nexus 7 v2

As SnakeDoctor pointed out the best 'price guide' is to do an 'Advanced' search on eBay for sold figures.. just because some chancer is advertising a figure for ridiculous money on eBay is no guarantee that anyone is buying at that price (Amazon is even worse for inflated prices).. and the chancer has probably been advertising at that inflated price for months without a sale.. I have seen auctions re-listed for almost a year without selling because of the price and the owner still getting shirty when sent a realistic Best Offer message!... :lol

Ideally you want a series of sold figures so you can compare things like -
* Condition
* Price range
* Bidding characteristics
* Quality of the Auction advert

You can then use a price somewhere approximately in the middle of those sold prices as a price guide.. bear in mind that sometimes you will get an artificially low price in the group, because the seller posted bad photos, a poor description or had the auction end during the World Cup Final, New Years Eve or 4am for the local time zone.. Equally artificially high prices may be due to a bidding war, shill bidding or a well healed and impatient collector who wanted an 'As New' item and didn't care about the price (the reason for chancer style 'Buy It Now' pricing).. very low or very high prices will distort the real value, so try to exclude those.
In the end as SnakeDoctor says, an item is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay on the day.

Godzilla items are probably being advertised at inflated prices atm, because of the hype surrounding the new film.

Was that sticker price, or a sold price? People can ask for whatever they want. You could put the thing on Ebay for $300 if you'd like. But, its not worth that much until somebody's willing to pay it.

SnakeDoc

That was sold prices.

And I did attempt an eBay search before asking. Wasn't showing up because of my typo. D'oh

Tap'd from my LG G2

Looks like they've shot up in value. Those were 75 cent clearance binners years ago.

Tbh, I suspect the only figure from the '98 movie with a genuinely significant value is Trendmaster's huge Ultimate Godzilla.. ideally MIB

That was sold prices.

And I did attempt an eBay search before asking. Wasn't showing up because of my typo. D'oh

Tap'd from my LG G2

If you can get that price, I would sell.. imho, you are unlikely to get a better market than right now.

If you can get that price, I would sell.. imho, you are unlikely to get a better market than right now.

What I find weird is the loose are selling for 4x more than a MOC. No biggie if I sell it or not. I do have a loose one somewhere but can't find it.

Tap'd from my LG G2

What I find weird is the loose are selling for 4x more than a MOC. No biggie if I sell it or not. I do have a loose one somewhere but can't find it.

Tap'd from my LG G2

That is definitely unusual.. wait.. you haven't been dividing the eBay figures by zero and upsetting the space time continuum?.. there is a forum sticky warning about that. :)

Tap'd from my LG G2

Easier explanation is that some schmuck just overpaid.

SnakeDoc

Back