Opinions on marvel HT preorders

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tannersutton98

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Having recently got a job I can finally get most of the hot toys I want but I still am not sure if I should get the Steve Rogers and strike suit 2 pack or just the strike suit from winter soldier. Any thoughts or opinions?

Depends. Have you ever wanted a civilian steve? Do you want an unmasked head sculpt? Do you like both figures? Are you a Cap fan? Is the civilian steve something you really want in your collection?

I like the civilian steve a lot but not all the way sure yet if it would really "make" my collection. Looking to cover the whole WS hot toys license.

from a financial standpoint it's a no brainer. Get the two pack and keep what you like. You can sell literally every single item you don't care to keep on ebay. Check out the rates on the capn america shields, face sculpts, box art, etc. It's also a damn good price for a two pack as noted many times on the captain and civ threads

I like the civilian steve a lot but not all the way sure yet if it would really "make" my collection. Looking to cover the whole WS hot toys license.

:exactly: Yeah I was in the same spot. Think it looks cool, love the head sculpt and extra shield but I really don't need it in my collection. I decided to preorder the strike suit only. I have GA Cap and the WS on preorder currently and I will more than likely get BW too. As soon as Falcon is available I will be preordering him. Loved the movie and the figures look great. I think the civilian steve would be a great addition to anyones collection and financially it makes sense to get the two pack but ultimately I decided I just didn't need it in my collection. Hope this helps!

I know this will sound like a broken record but get what catches your eyes. For me it's all about the eye candy, and what gives you the most joy when you bring it home. When you come home, turn on those lights, and see what you have amassed in your collection, that, is the true feeling in collecting. Not sure if that truly helps you in your question asked, but like I said, grab what truly strikes you. Then you can sit back and smile :lol Good luck in your searching!

I know this will sound like a broken record but get what catches your eyes. For me it's all about the eye candy, and what gives you the most joy when you bring it home. When you come home, turn on those lights, and see what you have amassed in your collection, that, is the true feeling in collecting. Not sure if that truly helps you in your question asked, but like I said, grab what truly strikes you. Then you can sit back and smile :lol Good luck in your searching!

^^^This. Couldn't have said it better :clap

If you have the cash, get the two pack. You get a complete second figure for $120. Even if you only want the Evans head to sometimes put on your Cap, you should be able to get most of that $120 back by selling the shield, clothes and body.

If you have the cash, get the two pack. You get a complete second figure for $120. Even if you only want the Evans head to sometimes put on your Cap, you should be able to get most of that $120 back by selling the shield, clothes and body.

:exactly:
and the extra Cap helmet. Theres alot to part out if theres anything at all you like in the Civvie pack, its a hard deal to pass up imo.

I am guessing because most of the time, posts in threads get passed over. Maybe he was wanting opinions from people who also have to pick and choose what pieces to collect because they can't purchase everything.

If you're not sure what to get then don't buy any. Your collection is a reflection of your interests/your likes not anyone else's so having others tell you what to buy or not buy probably isn't a good strategy bc in the long run you may drop a couple grand on a bunch of Collectibles that mean nothing to you once the buzz of the film passes. At that point you'll be lucky to sell them off to break even and odds are you'll take a loss.

If you love the film, I would say this is the most cost effective, imagine you get a civi Cap for $120. I am not a big Cap fan so I am ok with my avengers version but If this was Superman/Clark Kent I'lll be all over it.

In the spirit of saving some money, I just preordered the strike suit so I could preorder the new Spiderman sixth scale figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In the spirit of saving some money, I just preordered the strike suit so I could preorder the new Spiderman sixth scale figure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I just preordered that one today too and with limited income to buy figures, I will probably go the saving money route too. Thanks for all the Opinions and info guys.

Back