Action Figure Kal El Reviews: Perfect Effect PE-DX03 WARDEN

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KalElReviews

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Video Review of Perfect Effect PE-DX03 Warden

Warden is Perfect Effects Iteration of IDW Comics FortMax and also a somewhat upgrade set for your original Fortress Maximus or Reissue Maximus.

At a price of about $150 the figure is pricey, but that being said for a reasonable sized 'voyager' sized transforming robot toy and considering the build quality and parts count I think it is quite reasonable. Speaking of the build quality, on my copy of the figure it is impeccable and with paint apps to match. The inclusion of some strategically place diecast metal give the toy great balance and stability as well as a good weighty and high end feel.

Although two of the six modes include some parts-forming, the transformations are well done with good if not tight tolerances. Though I would treat these tolerances in the same way as fansprojects assaulter, they just need a little working.

The scout tank mode is a bit of a throw away, robot mode is fantastic and the super mode is also quite fun albeit a little 'busy'. The Gun tank mode is very parts formy and a little odd. But that being said I find it kinda cool and the fact that it uses all of the parts included and even has a spot for the headmaster pilot.
Then there is the Head mode! I love this mode equally with the base robot mode. The head looks great and suits Fortress Maximus perfectly, I think as we are all use to seeing the original head on Maximus the upgrade looks a little big. But in fact the new head is much better proportioned and even has a neck, you just have to get used to it. Also Wardens under slung cannon flips over and converts slightly to a new badass hand gun for the Fortress himself, as well as the remaining tank tracks and missile pod create a nice rear weapons system.

Overall Warden is a fantastic figure and in my opinion definitely worth picking up even if you do not own Fortress Maximus, But if you do its a very cool bonus!

I give it 4 and a half out of five lost prison wardens!

Full Gallery Here:
https://kalelreviews.wordpress.com/...-warden-idw-fortmax-video-review-and-gallery/

Back