Ray Parks plays Vegeta in Upcoming Movie Dragonball Z

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOE

3 Legged Kurgan
Reaction score
For ANIME fans.....Its official DBZ the Movie. The release date is on 2008.

Goku - ?
Vegeta - Ray Parks
Bulma - Jessica Alba
Raditz - Jason Bateman
Nappa - Bill Goldberg
Tien - Orlando Bloom
Krillin - Verne Troyer
Chi-Chi - Eliza Dushku
Piccolo - Sam Wheeler or Christopher Judge

lmao.

Mostly A grade actors in what blatantly will be a B-Grade film. Though Orlando will fit right in with the B grade scene, he couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.
Thanks for posting though, and sorry if I've offended any Dragonball/Orlando fans. :lol

Is this for real?!?! A DBZ life-action movie!! And George Lucas has the license?? I see this movie failing already.:monkey2 And what's up with Verne Troyer as Krillin? He's too short for that part!:emperor

Sorry to burst your bubble but none of that information is new - I found a few websites with EXACTLY the same stuff - but the release date was summer 06 back when it was posted (in about 2002 from what I can work out).

The actor listing looks like a fanboy created thing - and Lucas didn't have the rights per the article - it was FOX who were alledged to have contracted ILM to do the special effects - which they denied.

Nothing to see here folks. Try a more reputable site like Dark Horizons :emperor

i was gonna say, looks fishy having all those actors in one film. especially my Alba.

Please. DBZ is a quick and cheap cashcow. No way they're going to spend money on big name actors in a high budget setting. It's more likely that they'd splice together footage from the show into a passable story (honestly, what is the plot of these things anyway?!) and have the VO actors do some new grunting and maybe even a little dialogue.

And if I'm insulting DBZ fans....good. At least spend your money on something that pretends to have a soul, and not D grade japanamation re-dubbed for the pablum sucking masses of third graders who have nothing better to do after school than watch a bunch of freaks slam each other into craters for 30 minutes at a time.

God, I miss the Ninja Turtles....:rolleyes:

Customikey said:
Please. DBZ is a quick and cheap cashcow. No way they're going to spend money on big name actors in a high budget setting. It's more likely that they'd splice together footage from the show into a passable story (honestly, what is the plot of these things anyway?!) and have the VO actors do some new grunting and maybe even a little dialogue.

And if I'm insulting DBZ fans....good. At least spend your money on something that pretends to have a soul, and not D grade japanamation re-dubbed for the pablum sucking masses of third graders who have nothing better to do after school than watch a bunch of freaks slam each other into craters for 30 minutes at a time.

God, I miss the Ninja Turtles....:rolleyes:
:monkey2 You have just burst my bubble!!! I am DBZ fan and will always be one, regardless of what a naked stage actor says!! :D

Jason Bateman? That was the big tip off right there. :D (you don't have to be a naked stage actor to know that ;) ).

The amount of recognizable actors in this film already tips me off to it being a false report. DBZ is great, I loved the cartoon itself but its time as one of the most popular properties has come and gone. It has been replaced with other imports. Not to mention that if a DBZ movie was actually greenlit and made you'd have one or two really high profile actors in it and the rest unknowns because the effects alone will drive this film into the higher regions. I'd like to see it happen but the odds are definitely against it right now..

LordAzrael said:
Sorry to burst your bubble but none of that information is new - I found a few websites with EXACTLY the same stuff - but the release date was summer 06 back when it was posted (in about 2002 from what I can work out).

The actor listing looks like a fanboy created thing - and Lucas didn't have the rights per the article - it was FOX who were alledged to have contracted ILM to do the special effects - which they denied.

Nothing to see here folks. Try a more reputable site like Dark Horizons :emperor

OH thanks that it is not real. I would really hate to see Verne playing as a hard ass Krillin :lol ....well, maybe one day it will come true.

Hey guys, if you actually read the first two news articles in the link, you will see that he is saying the movie isn't being made.

ILM ON DBZ LIVE ACTION MOVIE by Otherworld Steve
I decided to follow up a bit more regarding the rumored live action Dragon Ball /Z movie. One persistent rumor has been that "George Lucas' CGI company ILM has signed a contract to do the special effects."

Today I called Ellen Pasternack , Public Relations for ILM. I asked her if the rumor was true; if ILM was brought on board to provide the special effects for the Dragon Ball /Z live action movie. Ms. Pasternack's reply was that it had been mentioned, but ILM never officially signed off on anything and it never came to be. She also commented that, as far as she knows, the film is not being made.

So there you have it, folks. Another death nail in the DBZ live action movie coffin. That isn't to say that the film will never be made. There are other major studios besides FOX and other effects houses aside from ILM. Who knows ... maybe Wetta will snag this property to go along with the Evangelion live action movie. Only time will tell.

Edit: I just want to clarify that a.) FUNimation Productions has absolutely nothing to do with the concept/licensing for a Dragon Ball /Z live action movie. They hold the license for the anime/games/merchandise only, and b.) this website is NOT an official FUNimation website. It is just a promotional website for Kyle Hebert and goes beyond his association with FUNimation. I hope that clears some things up.
NO LIFE IN THE "DRAGONBALL" LIVE ACTION MOVIE? by Otherworld Steve
I literally JUST got off the phone with FOX Studios in Los Angeles , CA . I asked outright about the upcoming live action Dragon Ball /Z movie.

This is exactly what I was told by my contact:

"The Dragon Ball Z movie? We don't have that. I 've got a lot of calls about that so I called around [the studio]. We won't be making that [movie]."

So there you have it, folks. That is the OFFICIAL story from FOX. I know some of you may be disappointed, but I also think it's a blessing.

I highly doubt that we will ever see a DBZ film. It would take many movies to cover the entire series. I also doubt that they would ever do the series justice.

twistedfreak said:
I highly doubt that we will ever see a DBZ film. It would take many movies to cover the entire series. I also doubt that they would ever do the series justice.

Just put a blonde wig on a monkey and set his hands on fire.

Back