The Big Bang Theory

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan350zr

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=860449

Seems LucasArts is teaming up with the producers of the Big Bang Theory to do a special Star Wars themed episode which will air May 1st

The stars of TV comedy "The Big Bang Theory" are set to celebrate Star Wars Day on May 4 with a very special episode.

Writers have teamed up with Lucasfilm special effects experts for a themed special that will air three days before the unofficial geek holiday. In the episode, the TV show's regulars will celebrate Star Wars Day
, and TV veteran Bob Newhart will reprise his Emmy-winning role as Arthur Jeffries.

The Lucasfilm Industrial Light + Magic technicians will recreate Yoda's home planet Dagobah for the special episode. "The Big Bang Theory" creator Chuck Lorre says, "We were approached by the Lucasfilm people to do something to celebrate Star Wars Day, which was nice."

Love this show. I'll be tuned in. Though I do think its been on the decline.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Love the show and will be watching. Hopefully when this ends it doesn't kick you below the belt like HIMYM.

batman_zpse116acd3.gif

i don't like being told when to laugh by a track. feels cheap, like if they think the audience are nothing but well trained dogs. like they are saying "laugh now my pets, laugh when we tell you to because otherwise you wouldn't get the jokes"

Love the show and will be watching. Hopefully when this ends it doesn't kick you below the belt like HIMYM.

I stop watching HIMYM years ago, but tuned in for the finally just to see how they wrapped things up. Seriously disappointing.

Love the show, tired of everything Star Wars. But I guess it was inevitable and I'll still get a laugh.

i don't like being told when to laugh by a track. feels cheap, like if they think the audience are nothing but well trained dogs. like they are saying "laugh now my pets, laugh when we tell you to because otherwise you wouldn't get the jokes"

Then you pretty much don't like comedies, period.

Then you pretty much don't like comedies, period.

well they dont use laugh tracks for movies, or modern family, or the middle, Malcolm in the middle, curb your enthusiasm etc. if laugh tracks are so important why dont movies have them?

some shows get a pass because they are so good, but most of the time good comedy doesn't need a pavlovian laugh track.

Last edited:
Master pieces!

I think TBBT could work without the laugh tracks, but every Lorre's show has them, I don't see that changing.

I just like shows that feel like real stories, not like stand up. I like shows with real locations and real characters and real stories, not caricatures in front of a stage doing "stand up" like bits.

That's why the laugh track is there, because it is "Filmed in front of a live audience" so shows like this one or 2 and a half men just end up being about a group of people that say one lines over and over. I wish Big Bang theory was more like Malcolm in the middle with Real sets and without giving one liners to make a live audience laugh.

I just like shows that feel like real stories, not like stand up. I like shows with real locations and real characters and real stories, not caricatures in front of a stage doing "stand up" like bits.

That's why the laugh track is there, because it is "Filmed in front of a live audience" so shows like this one or 2 and a half men just end up being about a group of people that say one lines over and over. I wish Big Bang theory was more like Malcolm in the middle with Real sets and without giving one liners to make a live audience laugh.
Well I rarely laugh at TBBT's one liners, they're almost the same as in every other Lorre's sitcom.

I laugh more at the situational comedy, the levity and the performances, which are really really good imo from every character.

But, I hurts a bit to admit it, because I like TBBT's characters so much, that Modern Family is well superior.

I hate Chuck Lorre comedy. He's a hack and his shows just go through the motions. Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm, Extras, Seinfeld, so many shows are actually written with a level of actual genius. I've watched dozens of episodes of this and Two and a Half Men because of my roommates GF and all they do is cater. I get the obscure comic book and old tv or science references(way more than she does), they just aren't lol funny.

Back