Just starting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ULTIMATE

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just started getting into collecting and was curious how some of you with these highly impressive collections first started out? Right now I'm collecting 1/6 Batman figures but I've been thinking of branching out into maybe some PF ones eventually also. On top of that would you say to focus on one set to build up first or to kind of just buy whatever interest you most. I see myself being mostly a collector of Batman and Marvel items but would like to get some guidance on how to properly go about building a good collection. Thanks for any advice!

Pick a scale that interests you and stick to it. Just go with whatever subject interests you.

Hey everyone, I just started getting into collecting and was curious how some of you with these highly impressive collections first started out? Right now I'm collecting 1/6 Batman figures but I've been thinking of branching out into maybe some PF ones eventually also. On top of that would you say to focus on one set to build up first or to kind of just buy whatever interest you most. I see myself being mostly a collector of Batman and Marvel items but would like to get some guidance on how to properly go about building a good collection. Thanks for any advice!

That's the beauty of the hobby, there's no rules, rhyme or reason to your collection - it should be a reflection of your interests not ours.

Though with the recent price hikes, you may want to consider staying with the 1/6 stuff. Just a thought. But there is so much cool stuff coming from every direction, that if you are already into one scale, you may want to expand on that.

Happy hunting!

When I was a kid I mainly collected GI Joes with my ma's money.
I collected music and music posters for awhile in my teens and 20s
later I started collecting tools but that was ok because I was a mechanic and made money to buy stuff with them.
I bought a motorcycle and collected all the OEM Accessories for it
One day I saw a movie that got me collecting figures again
Then that turned to collecting statues
...which turned into life-size collecting...

Back