Hot Toys ALIENS MARINES 2.0 - is a hoax!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like HT is going to revamp their Aliens Colonial marines line... specifically RIPLEY... see Question #2 below:

attachment_zps69d52ad9.jpg

Re: Hot Toys ALIENS MARINES 2.0

Wait til the interview is confirmed as legitimate. It could be a nasty April Fool's joke.

If this is true I will be so excited!!!!

Along with ED-209 and the Predators, the marines from HT caught my eye back in the McFarlane days. I jumped on the bandwagon too late to get Hicks, Vasquez and Apone however. I did buy Hudson, Drake and Ripley but ended up selling due to my incomplete set and also in the hopes that one day they'd remake them with proper likenesses. Here's hoping that will actually be coming to pass now. T'would be a shame if this interview is a prank.

A good Corporal Hicks has been one of my most wanted figures for a long time. It will be an exciting day indeed if these are officially confirmed.

Hopefully not a joke. But then again, I have all the original marines (heavily reworked) and power loader so I'm in no hurry to make those obsolete.

This announcement takes me full circle: I think one of the very first posts I made when I joined in 2006 was to start an ALIENS thread with a leaked picture of a prototype 1/6 Ripley figure that started a debate about whether it was real or fake. That thread incidently grew to over 100,000 posts and ultimately became this 'Aliens and Robots' section.

I know many of you guys are still here from those days.

Marines and even Ripley? I smell BS.

I saw no reason to smell BS on that considering NECA are making Ripley and have been making marines. Much if not all the content of that 'interview' is plausible stuff.

Even if it is true, so what? Howard's comments in these interviews seem to pan out about half the time. And when they do pan out, they take about 5 years+ to do so. I doubt any information Howard revealed in an interview would excite me at this point. But of course, if this really happened it would be fantastic. I would have no qualms about selling my existing Aliens Marines for a major loss if proper updates were made available.

Whether this is an April Fools joke or not, the ALIENS reworking is inevitable from HT at some point.

I just hope this thread doesn't become the 'Batman Returns' of the Alien/Robot section.

I wish I could agree with you, but with HT, there are only a few things I know with absolute certainty--1) Iron Man figures will be prioritized and manufactured; 2) Heath Ledger Joker figures will be prioritized and manufactured; 3) Nothing else is guaranteed.

The best evidence that this might happen, IMO, is the new Battle Damaged Terminator. Because it is a film from a similar time period, from James Cameron, and was also one of HT's earliest licenses (as is Aliens). But that doesn't necessarily mean anything. We got the Tech Noir Terminator a few years ago, and until a month or two back, nothing else on that front.

Whether this is an April Fools joke or not, the ALIENS reworking is inevitable from HT at some point.

I just hope this thread doesn't become the 'Batman Returns' of the Alien/Robot section.

Indeed. Regardless of Hoys Toys time-table and/or seriousness of the posted interview, Ripley at minimum is surely coming.

I will say I think Hot Toys is in a highly regarded state where it would be beneath them to release generic faced characters again. As such, I suspect we won't get a full blown "re-do" of the line. I bet a Weaver faced Ripley is inevitable. Beyond that? Biehn and Paxton could clearly be had and are in play, but if they don't break new ground for likenesses they may not even bother with any others.

I wouldn't be confident of these being 'inevitable regardless if this interview is fake'. I think they would sell and that HT absolutely should make them, especially if Weaver now allows her likeness to be used but unless HT feels the same then they'll be more than happy doing nothing but superheroes and the occasional Predator and Terminator.

Just imagine what they could do for the marines now though, working shoulder lamps and light up motion trackers in combination with the actual actor likeness rights. I mean back when they first made the marines they were using those basic TT's with zero skin texturing, totally smooth, shiny and verging on orange ''you know when you've been tangoed'' plastic.

Last edited:

I hope it's real, all would be instant buy.

bring it on I missed out the first time.

Well the bit about cancelling Smooth Criminal because of Jackson's seemed to give it an air of realism!
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back