Better than sideshows Mace?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I didn't know that was Mace, I never would of guessed it was supposed to be Sam.

I think its a great likeness to SLJ. The shading on the head is a little heavy though. I'm not thriled with the green shirt he's wearing, but the rest of the costume looks quite good.

decadentdave said:
Better than Sideshow's? Yes. Better than Customikey's or Dark Artist's? No.

Wow....Thanks Dave.. I never did get a lot of love for my Mace...:lol

Yeah, that Ebay Mace is ok... Very good work, but not a good likeness at all. It doesn't have SLJ in any way. The paint work isn't bad, nor is the clothing. But without a good likeness, all of that work is null and void.

Seems to be a repainted Dragon SWAT Sam. I don't think the likeness is better than SSCs. The guy is selling all his SW 12" or is he selling the customs because the SSC ones are coming out?

Darklord Dave said:
Seems to be a repainted Dragon SWAT Sam. I don't think the likeness is better than SSCs. The guy is selling all his SW 12" or is he selling the customs because the SSC ones are coming out?

I've seen him clear a heap of Hasbro's before (or at least try). I might grab this if it remains cheap - but only cos I'm 20 minutes drive away. I think it might make a decent Jollee Bindo from KOTOR with the addition of a goatee.

Last edited:
I just don't like how he totes it as being superior to Sideshow's when the costume is the inferior Hasbro outfit and the facial sculpt is only so so. It might be ok if the costume was better, but it's not, and for me at least that's one of the most important, if not the most important things after the sculpt itself.

DarkArtist81 said:
Wow....Thanks Dave.. I never did get a lot of love for my Mace...:lol

Oh you did, we just all didn't shout about it ;)

about this Mace though, I think one thing it has that was for me the reason I didn't get SS's Mace, is that this one has the 'wide eyes' thing. The eyes are much wider across the head, SLJ has fairly big eyes, and for me the SS sculpt didnt have that... possibly the only thing putting it off, it was hard to tell.

Back