NECA figure eyes repaint ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IronZilmad

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can you please tell me what kind of paint should I use to repaint NECA figure eyes (Dutch Schaefer for example). Can I use acrylic paint ? (and add some polish ?)

Did you have some tips for this kind of stuff ? In fact, one eye is offset on this one and I plan to repaint him correctly, maybe some skin too.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards.

I would use some acrylic titanium white mixed with a little black or yellow to get a base eye color that's not too white. Add some black around top and red around bottom lid. Seal with future floor polish. Eyes are the hardest so look at lots of pics and Google some better tutorials. Hope that helps bud

Off course it helps, thanks a lot. :)

I'll try to follow your advices and try to found some others tutorials. And off course a lot of Google for accurate pics.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

I did a video for the basics that can be applied:

Make sure to wash dust and oil from the head and then, if you're using acrylic, I would apply an undercoat of of acrylic medium to the area first as primer so the paint sticks and then a layer of pink to the eyes before the grayish white. It's easier to paint whites on top of pink accents than pink accents on top of white. Looks more organic too. Good luck!

Make sure to wash dust and oil from the head and then, if you're using acrylic, I would apply an undercoat of of acrylic medium to the area first as primer so the paint sticks and then a layer of pink to the eyes before the grayish white. It's easier to paint whites on top of pink accents than pink accents on top of white. Looks more organic too. Good luck!

Yes exactly the redish tone first is key underneath the white. There's a lot more that goes into it but I'm just laying out some basic advice. I'd probably use some magnification as well. Once you see your work up close up in pics without using some your probably gonna be disappointed. That's the true test if it hold up zoomed in close up

Wow, this video is exactly what I need, thanks !

You got one new suscriber. :wave

Anyway, it'll be cool to see your eyes paint in live action. :)

Thanks for your tips guys, I'll take my brush soon. First I have a big ball joint to fix on my Dutch...

Best regards.

Ok guys,

After some hours of work, here's the result :

The face before :

IMG_00012030394.JPG

And after :

IMG_20140404_135803.jpg

IMG_20140404_140032.jpg

IMG_20140404_140207-02.jpg

I've already do some Star Wars ship before, I know some technics but I'm completly noob on figure paint... So this is my very first attempt.

I think I failed on many parts, it render very better on natural light than artificial where you can see it's a "almost bad repaint".

But again, on natural light it's very nice to me, I'm happy with it. I plan to do some work on body too.

Sorry for pictures quality and thanks for your advices.

Cheers. :)

Back