Deserted Island Collection - What would you have on display?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K07

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hypothetical scenario. This goes in line with the downsizing of large collections. It could be a want list for those with smaller collections. Essentially you're stranded on a deserted island. You have a display unit inside your hut. The hut keeps you dry and cool. The humidity level is nothing to be concerned about. And the display unit has UV protected glass doors so no worries about dust or sunlight. You have 10 shelves to work with. You can choose to fill a shelf with one franchise or you may display two franchises per shelf for a total of 1-20 franchises displayed in your collection. What are the things you are going to display? For those with larger collections, don't think about specific pieces as much as what franchises and/or lines you want something from to display. And for those with smaller collections, have you ever dreamed of owning other pieces that are next to impossible to find or just too expensive for you to justify? This is a hypothetical scenario so do what you would most want as your forever collection.

This is based on a situation I currently face. No, I'm not stranded on an island but I want a "forever" collection. I am trying to fit my entire collection into one giant display cabinet and am struggling what I want represented most. I grew up with a HUGE collection and am getting things I want to keep and getting ready to sell the rest. This is what I've planned out so far:

Shelf 1 - Planet of the Apes (SSC and Medicoms)
Shelf 2 - Planet of the Apes (Mego)
Shelf 3 - Star Trek: The Next Genertation (Playmates 9" Collector's Series and Enterprise-D Model)/Xena: Warrior Princess (6" and 12" Toy Biz)
Shelf 4 - Disney's Gargoyles (Kenner)/Lord of the Rings (Toybiz)
Shelf 5 - Star Wars (Hasbro 12" Collector's Series)
Shelf 6 - Star Wars (Hasbro PotF2)/Dark Forces Jedi Knight Kyle Katarn Collectibles (random companies and customs)
Shelf 7 - Indiana Jones (Hasbro, Disney, SSC)
Shelf 8 - Indiana Jones (Kenner, LJN)
Shelf 9 - Spawn/Avatar: The Last Airbender (Mattel, Customs)
Shelf 10 -The Dark Knight Trilogy (Hot Toys)/Batman: The Animated Series (Kenner)

Technically I'm cheating. I have my Dark Knight and B:TAS toys in a Detolf. But if I didn't have a Detolf, I'd put them in here. But since I have a Detolf, I'm at a loss how to use that last shelf. Lots of other properties I love. Mass Effect is something I really wish they'd make more quality figures from. So sad to see both lines dry up the way they did before a Liara was made.... I'll think of something. Share your deserted island collections! Curious to see what franchises and lines people think are the most desirable.

Back