Please HELP me!! display/ikea/god only knows help..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2themonster

Super Freak
Reaction score
Thank you first and foremost…I am in desperate need of help…I started collecting 1/4 scale pieces less than a year ago.. so far I have 3 in person and at least 6-7 on preorder..i NEED A FRIGGIN display!! .. however I've run into some problems..first, i need a display that can go up to lets say 38 inches in height ( i have lion-o, apocalypse, sauron all in my plans and they are 30+ inches in height)..second I am trying to do this as economical as possible..ikea is in question but just trying to rule out the "build custom shelves for everything response"…I don't mind ikea although I will be the first to admit I am VERY unfamiliar with their stores and all of that..ive seen their bestas but i believe due to height limitations and even width for some PF's, those won't work…ideally I'd like to have them enclosed in glass, not just in a box..so I am asking anyone and everyone to help out, suggestions are obviously needed, and again thank you for your time and thanks in advance for your support/help!!!!!

Detolf can be used,they sell little clamps at Home Depot that you can use to put the shelves at any height.or just take top shelf and bottom shelf out and it leaves 1 in the middle,so there's about 30 inches of space.

yes but aren't the detolfs only 64 inches..so if i need 35 inches of clearance than I only could fit one PF and maybe a smaller one..and I'm not sure if they're wide enough…thoughts?

I know you don't want to hear about custom options BUT have you considered on large cabinet with a Slat Wall or Grid Wall back.

In that configuration you can put shelves anywhere you want and it can be reconfigured at will.

slatwall-display-w.jpg

I know you don't want to hear about custom options BUT have you considered on large cabinet with a Slat Wall or Grid Wall back.

In that configuration you can put shelves anywhere you want and it can be reconfigured at will.

View attachment 100663

i love how that looks, just have no idea how to put all of it together or where to purchase..can u provide more info?

i love how that looks, just have no idea how to put all of it together or where to purchase..can u provide more info?

That depends on the total size of your display area and how permanent the display will be.

Pictures of the area would help too.

Grid Wall can be used instead of slat wall

It easier to install and looks better in very large display areas. When you butt 2 sheets of slat wall together you have a very visible seem.

Here is a shot of my old Star Wars room that was 11' x 14'

I choose to have the black grid contrast against the gray wall but you could paint the inside of the custom cabinet black and the grid wall practically disappears.

Back