What Star Wars Character would you like to have as a 1/1 bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwiftC

Super Freak
Reaction score
There's a successful thread on what we would all like to see in regard to 1/4 statues, so I figured I'd like to pick your brains on what you would like to see in the life size bust line.

Personally, I only recently got interested in life size busts. I've ordered Vader and I plan on getting Palpatine, but past that nothing really interests me personally (Aside from Asajj Ventress. Oh wait it's the stupid ****ing cartoon version! Never mind!) so I thought I'd explain why and share what I'd like to see.

I am not one who just likes a character because they look cool. So characters with little personality and, no lines, or that I know nothing about don't interest me (Bossk, Greedo, the Fetts, Ackbar, Gammorean, Figrin Dan, a random trooper). 3po and Yoda seem weird to me as busts and Grievous doesn't interest me as a character. I may have gotten Maul if it was a calm face and not the angry one, just a personal preference. And I've already explained Vader, Palps, and Ventress.

So that's why I have no interest in most of these and why I'm looking to the future! So some characters I'd like to see?

The real Asajj.

Kidding, well not really but it won't happen. Seriously though, anyway:

In general I'd like to see more humanoid characters. I prefer busts that have some more life to them versus masks and aliens. I love me some aliens and what not, just not their choices so far, but I'd prefer humanoid aliens, like a twi'lek. How about Aayla Secura? If they could make it so the lekku were a little bit shorter than accurate so they could fit on a bust it would look great. Plus they wouldn't have to do any hair which often takes away from the realism of a bust. But any other human or humanoid character without tentacles that are too long (Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti) would be good. Thrawn for example, would be freaking awesome as a bust!

So my final wishlist (Which does include masked/alien characters) in order from most to least desired:
Thrawn!
Aayla Secura
Dooku
Revan
Nihilus
Plo Koon

So what about you guys?

It's been awhile since they announced a new bust but my vote goes for an At- At driver.

Jabba. :)

From what you've said, I really don't get it why you find C-3PO a weird bust? He's probably the most perfect choice for a bust, in my opinion. Popular, iconic, a main character, a droid (which means he is easilier made into a bust since there is no human likeness that needs to be achieved). To me, the holy trio is Vader, Boba and threepio. Those three are so iconic, and all very well made.

It would be cool to see some of the various troopers. Tie Pilot or Scout Trooper.

Maybe a Stormtrooper bust in the idea they will make it more accurate than the SS 1:4 PF or the 1:6 figure, by using a good helmet as origin, and not old Rubies, Don Post, FX or who knows what other obsolete helmet... But if I think well, you can get all armored OT characters from talented unlicensed makers, and they will be cheaper, more accurate and you might even wear the armor and helmet if want to.

I'm just hoping I can afford the Vader statue.

I just ordered my vader bust. My second and last payment is April 20th! A little more than a month from now and I'll have him in my hands!

Jabba. :)

From what you've said, I really don't get it why you find C-3PO a weird bust? He's probably the most perfect choice for a bust, in my opinion. Popular, iconic, a main character, a droid (which means he is easilier made into a bust since there is no human likeness that needs to be achieved). To me, the holy trio is Vader, Boba and threepio. Those three are so iconic, and all very well made.

It would be cool to see some of the various troopers. Tie Pilot or Scout Trooper.

The fact that he's a droid is why I don't like him in bust form. It just looks silly to me. And as far as troopers go, I'd rather see actual faces than that.

The great thing about the 1:1 busts is that SS can make characters that are harder to make in other forms. I mean you can buy a Greedo or Gamorrean mask for example, but they will rarely look as good as these busts. This way SS can make aliens, humanoid characters, some droids and even some armored characters. Not sure how they will go regarding clean human faces (not like Anakin from Vader bust or Asajj) but that could be an option as well, considering the final paint apps will match the sculpts (which I'm sure ca be done very well).

It looks silly because it's a droid? It's Star Wars..?

Just as a bust. I feel like droids look weird without the rest of their body. I don't know why I think this. It's not rational in any way, shape, or form. I just can't wrap my head around the idea of a bust being something that's not living and breathing. I love the droids they just don't fit the format to me.

Stop destroying my irrational little world! Haha.

The problem with human based busts is that they rarely come out decent. Vader and Asajj only look good because of their pale skin, and the Vader bust does have its problems. It's a shame to have to factor this in, but it's the truth.

Thought I'd share this. Alex's response to me asking for literally anything on the star wars front.

Ok so with no news on the star wars life size bust front, is there anything you can give us about any star wars product besides figures?

Seriously. Any line, any character, any size, any anything. Just something for Star Wars fans. A hint, a tease, anything.

Pretty please? Star Wars fans are dying over here.

There is still going to be more of an influx of Figures for a little while longer coming soon in the Star Wars universe. Outside of Figures...some of the Life-Size Figures SHOULD be available for Pre-Order this year. There MIGHT be some teases of some non-sixth scale coming up in the next month and a half or so.

So that's somewhat hope inspiring. There's something new they're planning to tease. Even if it isn't in the next month and a half exactly odds are we'll see whatever it is by SDCC.

Count Dooku.

You can't have enough Christopher Lee as far as I'm concerned.

I'd also love to see a Revan and a Nihilus. And I'd also like to see a calm faced Darth Maul as I agree with SwiftC that his calm expression is much more appealing than his snarling expression.

Hmm, there might be a pattern emerging in my list but I'm not sure what it is. :dunno

:)

Chewie (would be my first pick since SS seems to avoid human characters like the plague)
Tusken Raider (though I'm making my own now)
Stormtrooper
Tarkin
Obi Wan (New Hope)
Leia (Slave or Princess)
Han
Luke (tatooine)

New Emperor bust (I have a Cyberman one tho...)

That would pretty much finish my collection :)

Last edited:
Back