Merchandise on Zavvi.com 10% off.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmmm.. might be worth an order for in stock items but with Zavvi's rollercoaster history as a retailer, I would hesitate to place pre-orders with them.. Forbidden Planet (.com) may not be as cheap but they have a proven track record for retailing these products.

Missed this thread but got the email and ordered a couple of absolute bargains.

Fingers crossed they come good, Punisher PF was a deffo missprice, but as they don't take any payment upfront there's no Mothers Basement level of risk.

@ Taibhse, They don't actually have any items in stock. Every item listed is 'due in 20th December' even items already released :dunno

For the PAK MGS GZ Big Boss they have used the mega expensive limited edition metallic photos instead of the regular figure photos :slap

They had a Drake PF picture for the figure, the old Spidey Com picture for the JSC and the Punisher PF priced £100 less than it should of been.
They obviously don't gave a clue :lol

As long as I get my G Hulk for under £380 I don't care.

If ordering from Zavvi remember to go through Quidco (cashback)
My Punisher tracked at £9 odd & G at around £22 :yess:

They had a Drake PF picture for the figure, the old Spidey Com picture for the JSC and the Punisher PF priced £100 less than it should of been.
They obviously don't gave a clue :lol

As long as I get my G Hulk for under £380 I don't care.

If ordering from Zavvi remember to go through Quidco (cashback)
My Punisher tracked at £9 odd & G at around £22 :yess:

What's quidco?

Missed this thread but got the email and ordered a couple of absolute bargains.

Fingers crossed they come good, Punisher PF was a deffo missprice, but as they don't take any payment upfront there's no Mothers Basement level of risk.

@ Taibhse, They don't actually have any items in stock. Every item listed is 'due in 20th December' even items already released :dunno

Hmmm... so, obvious question: If some of these figures are already released, why do Zaavi state 'Pre-order' and a release date of 'December 2014' in the advertising.. has anybody here on the forum, actually ordered and received any figures that are already available through other retail channels?

If not, then imho Zaavi's entire marketing campaign appears very strange.. I would caution peeps to only order using a credit card and cancel the order if you do not receive any figure already available through other retail outlets, within 30 days.. the fact Zaavi is a 'bigger' brand name than Mother's Basement, is not a commercial guarantee.. do not forget, the Zaavi 'brand' has gone belly-up in the past.. be careful out there, peeps.

Zavvi don't take a penny so there's no panic. Why would I feel the need to cancel my order?

The only problem this could cause is me missing out on an item elsewhere but I wouldn't leave it that long.

I have ordered the Punisher PF which has been released by Sideshow but no European retailers have it yet.
If I don't hear anything a couple of weeks after this starts shipping from the likes of CDUK I will contact them.
They have non of my money to screw me over...Simples.

Zavvi don't take a penny so there's no panic. Why would I feel the need to cancel my order?

The only problem this could cause is me missing out on an item elsewhere but I wouldn't leave it that long.

I have ordered the Punisher PF which has been released by Sideshow but no European retailers have it yet.
If I don't hear anything a couple of weeks after this starts shipping from the likes of CDUK I will contact them.
They have non of my money to screw me over...Simples.

I take the point you are making.. but then why are Zaavi advertising Pre-orders and a December 2014 date on figures that are already released, getting the prices wrong and posting the wrong pictures?.. I would be much happier if a regular contributor to the boards with a good reputation, came onto this thread and confirmed they have ordered and received a figure from Zaavi, that is already on release.

Tbh, I may be starting a thread in the near future concerning Forbidden Planet (.com) pre-orders.. I had a far from re-assuring telephone conversation with a staff member today concerning figures that I should have received shipping notifications for, but haven't.. if I don't get confirmation on those orders in the next 48hrs, there is going to be a significant shift of business to Sideshow and the Big Bad Toy Store.. and a lot of cancellations at Forbidden Planet.

I didn't order because of this post, I got the 10% email direct.
Did the OP actually say they have received anything they've ordered from Zavvi?

The people who listed the products, matched them with pictures and priced them obviously were not very well informed.
The problems I noticed have all now been removed.

The fact that they don't even take a deposit is a good thing as there's no risk but as I said also a bad thing. They could simply cancel my order at any time.

Good luck with your FB issues. MB has left a lot of collectors worried. Probably a much needed kick up the arse so people are more selective with whom they trust their cash.

I didn't order because of this post, I got the 10% email direct.
Did the OP actually say they have received anything they've ordered from Zavvi?

The people who listed the products, matched them with pictures and priced them obviously were not very well informed.
The problems I noticed have all now been removed.

The fact that they don't even take a deposit is a good thing as there's no risk but as I said also a bad thing. They could simply cancel my order at any time.

Good luck with your FB issues. MB has left a lot of collectors worried. Probably a much needed kick up the arse so people are more selective with whom they trust their cash.

Very true.. the problem with no deposit Pre-orders is, as you point out, that they can be cancelled.. possibly leaving the customer high and dry on an 'in-demand' figure and facing eye-watering after market pricing.. despite having patiently and trustingly waited months for a Pre-order to be fulfilled.

Forbidden Planet (.com) are not particularly cheap, so they get my business because I expect them to honour Pre-orders on figures from major suppliers, like Sideshow and Hot Toys, plus they are in the UK.. otherwise I am much better off ordering direct from Sideshow and racking up serious Reward Points benefits.

Hopefully I will get an email from Forbidden Planet tomorrow, sorting everything out.. because I am currently watching them advertising a figure as in stock, yet I do not have my Pre-order shipping notification.. plus, another figure has moved from in stock, to sold out, for which I also do not have a fulfilled Pre-order.. so atm I am not a happy bunny.
:impatient: :gah:

To be honest I have no interest in The Punisher, I only ordered it because they priced it up £100 light. If it comes off i'll probably flip it anyway.
The G Hulk is an awesome piece and I debated ordering it since reveal. Decided against it an my collection is 95% movie themed but at that price I just had to.
Will be gutted if it doesn't come off but wouldn't pay full price for him.

Since we have had more options as British collectors recently i've found FP way overpriced so haven't ordered from them for years now.
CDUK is my first choice. Great retailer and great prices.

I'll check CDUK out, its a nice website.. although at first glance the 1:1 Thorin's Map prop, appears to be a great deal more expensive than the one I bought elsewhere, awhile back.. however I will need to check if they are exactly the same product.

Just had confirmation that my IM Legendary Scale Bust is out for delivery today from Zavvi!
Didn't think I would get anything from my pre-orders from them!
Not bad for £233!
No notice of about to charge or in stock update just a DPD tracking no.

Back