Feeding the itch!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Butttornado

Super Freak
Reaction score
You guys ever feel like you have to keep searching for another statue to buy? I feel like something is missing if I don't have one coming in the mail. I end up thinking about buying statues I really don't even want just because I have the itch to unbox a new statue.

Honestly its like being a kid that always needs a new toy... but now we are adults and have money :)

If I posted this in the wrong section, I am sorry.

Feeling the same way,if i go a few months without a statue,i look around to buy one.But i hold myself.

You guys ever feel like you have to keep searching for another statue to buy? I feel like something is missing if I don't have one coming in the mail. I end up thinking about buying statues I really don't even want just because I have the itch to unbox a new statue.

Honestly its like being a kid that always needs a new toy... but now we are adults and have money :)

If I posted this in the wrong section, I am sorry.

Even that doesn't satisfy anymore...I now find myself boxing and unboxing statues I already have...just to relive the sensation again

Oh yeah, I know it well. Started sating the urge by buying myself a print every other week or so heh. I just hate not having something on the way.

I was like that until I moved from Philadelphia to Dallas last year. When I reboxed everything in my collection it looked like a UPS distribution center in my basement-even the moving company was a gasp. I re-evaluated and sold off a number of pieces-now I only buy when it is a piece that really has special meaning to me-not to just scratch the itch.

I like to take the down time to look up the statues I currently have and see how their prices are doing.

I just checked out the collection stash feature. Pretty sweet! I'm gonna have to take the time to log in all my stuff. On the "itch", I think that I will probably lose the itch once I run out of space to store boxes. The boxes is what ruins the collecting for me. I hate that they are so big. I am in a small apartment, so I have to keep buying and selling. I've been lucky that I've only made money on selling, but I'm at my limit on space, and I have apocolypse, the trinity, and spidey and hellboy coming... My wife is gonna kill me soon. :)

Butt Tornado, I do feel this way! But since I buy comics every month, I pretty much always have something in the mail. Though since I took this hobby up too, I am often looking to see what I can fit in and where. Right now, I am out of space to even display what I currently have, but at least I have a spare room to pile up the boxes...

Funny, my wife just noticed a PF box I hadn't opened and was like, what is this, when did this get here?

This even used a lot? Did it just get started? Most of what I look up has nothing but the original price listed.
For example, I looked up the Venom Comiqeutte...no prices. Would assume that would have something by now.

I went through and found items from my collection and added prices from eBay for the ones that didn't have it. All the information depends on people contributing to the site so any item that doesn't have pricing or variants is just waiting for someone to add to it. It's a great site--just need more people contributing.

It's like taking weed & drugs, you need to keep it under control before it gets the best of you.

It's like taking weed & drugs, you need to keep it under control before it gets the best of you.

Agreed. I am trying to limit myself to only buying what can fit on my 2 detolfs. So I just keep selling and buying.

I can fit a lot of weed in a detolf so it doesn't help with getting it under control. and I have 7 or 8 of them... I can't remember for some reason how many :lol

Back