HCG THE CLERIC

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put in a Pre-Order for the EX, The price point is nice, good size, and he looks really detailed. Hope the paint app lives up to the prototype, cause that will be a big factor on its success. i like it when people take a chance on a unique line of characters.

I have there Jeepers Creepers Statue, and I have to say the paint on mine is very good.

I feel like my only problem with it is the plain base, and his face. It seems like there should be a little more going on in the base. I also feel like his face just seems flat cause of the lighting, or it just does not have enough detail on the face sculpt as a whole. It is a shame, cause the helment, and antlers are very detailed, and well done. They are MINOR problems though, and not enough to not want to own it. I have always been into base design ever since my miniature days, and now statues.

I have read, and seen mixed reviews on paint apps for HCG statues. They go from GREAT to Dissappointing, I guess just gotta hope this one is a home run, will determine my future purchases of the line from them.

Thanks for head up Skull!!!
First post here... just wanted to thank all the costumers, collectors and fantasy fans for the support, and also announce that Quarantine Studio will be releasing a line of 1/8 scale fighting dios too!!!
Here is the Collectibles section at my site for those who want to keep updated https://www.railroadend.com/collectibles.html

But, most important I wanted to share with you a sneek of what is behind "Of Darkness & Damnation" so here you have the full issue#0 where you can see where HCG exclusive "Death of an Acores" version comes from...

https://www.railroadend.com/comic0-01.html

comic0-01_03.jpg

Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the support!!!!
Alterton

I'm all over the 1/4 scale statues of each character! I really hope the next one is a monster character.

Keep up the amazing work work Alterton! Fantasy FOREVER!

Just unboxed him so will do some impressions first then some pics later.

So he comes in 8 pieces those being - the large Axe, the Clerics Head, the body, the base, the mace hand, his cape/shoulder armour, a small peg and the acore head for the EX. Also if you have the EX it comes with a very nice print!

The small peg is part of his left hand gauntlet. HCG have handled the swapping of the mace and Acore head in an unusual way, instead of using a magnet to hold it in, the piece you slot in has a hole at the connecting part and then you push the peg though the gaunlet and through the piece itself.

I'll show you on the pictures later but I've never encountered this before. The connection holds but the piece does move if touched.

Sculpt - Sculpt on the actual cleric, his weapons and the Acore head all fabulous really detailed. When i first pulled his cape out i thought, god no this looks awful, as it was just so straight and lifeless, but actually once it's on it looks great :D

The base is just plain textured rock which is fine but i feel it needed some debri or maybe something from Acore he killed the wings? Just something to give a little more. Over all really good sculpt the base leaves something to be desired but does the job.

Paints - The body of the Cleric, his face and weapons all look great, the details all pop the metal has a good worn look and the cloth pieces look dusty and grimey, really the paints aren't bad at all.

Again it's the base that's letting it down, the colour they went for is a orangey/brown but the application isn't good at all, it's just one colour no shading, it comes off looking plasticy and flat, honestly when the Cleric is on the base it looks OK because the focus is on the Cleric but on it's own it does look pretty shockingly poor. They should have gone for a darker red like on the promo shots.

The Acore head also is just a little dull in colour and needs a little more detail, a lot of the cracks weren't painted in like on the promo images so you get this wash of gold with not much else.

The head of the mace hand also suffers the same problem, it's a flat grey with no metallic's or shading.

The base, mace and Acore head i think i'm gonna take the paint brush to, it reminds me of the QS Conan the Brutal, everything was ok it was just missing those final details to make it pop and i think i can add them.

I will get some pics in an hour or so of it before i do anything to it and will then update once i paint it.

1 Last thing, it weighs a ton if you care about that and is actually 26" tall not 22" as listed lol, he won't fit in my besta without me adjusting the shelf so that's why pics will be later. I originally planned to put him in a detolf but i have no idea if he'll fit now :( also i would have preferred him to be much lighter for the detolf lol. I'll report back on the detolf dilemma later!

These are all first impressions and like anything you get used to things and they grow on you. I can say right off i really like him, he's got a huge presence just because of his size, the design is so unique and yet i think he'll fit in any fantasy collection no problem, I just think he's really cool and i do hope Alterton continues to do more!

c11_zpsatpudcam.jpg

c12_zps2jjojkds.jpg

c13_zpsedazesvc.jpg

Regular Mace.

c14_zpsqhcfz8i6.jpg

c15_zpskiq2vjkv.jpg

Close up of the base, i just wish it was more of a matt look and slightly darker.

c16_zps3mdyixhf.jpg

The dreaded peg system, i had to use pliers to get this out.

c17_zpsenzs2fvs.jpg

Just a couple of comparison shots with other 1/4 stuff. Aayla is around 19 inches with base and Malgus is around 24", he's a similar size to Malgus but the tip of the Axe puts him up to around 26".

c18_zpsmtdthsty.jpg

c19_zpspexsshvk.jpg

Overall i do freaking love him and i'm happy with him! If i do some paints on him i'll post them up!

Back