Superman Leg repair.........

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivaniski

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know of a formula to remedy this common problem with some Hot toys figures when they fall to the ground. My son's Hot Toys Superman fell from his table, and the connection/peg broke off (see pics below). I would really try to fix it for him.......Just wanted too see if anyone at Sideshow Freaks had any suggestion,....other then just throw it away. Thanks, Ivaniski :pray:

A shot in the dark, what about drilling a small hole on each end and glue a metal pin (cut a nail to fit?)

A shot in the dark, what about drilling a small hole on each end and glue a metal pin (cut a nail to fit?)

Exactly. I've been fixing broken hips since Dragon Models Svetlana in 2001 and that is the best way to repair a broken hip. Luckily, with Hot Toys figures it may be a little easier. I would pop the cover off of the ball joint of the broken leg, unscrew the ball joint, get the rest of the broken piece out. It will probably look like a wheel, Then I would get a small drill bit, maybe the smallest you can find, drill a hole on both ends. Next you have to put a metal pin like a useless nail cut to fit. Super glue it back together after lining it up in the position it was originally in before the break. It probably will not be perfect but it will be steady and able to take regular posing.

Back