Tales of Collectibles you've Sold & Bought - Then & Now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bardoon

Super Freak
Reaction score
So we've all done it as collectors. Both Bought & Sold figures/statues/collectibles/props/etc. for ridiculously awesome deals and for high prices because you had to get it! :clap

Share some tales of some good steals, bad deals and general collectible finds and stories!

I was just reflecting back on my own sales and seeing some of the deals people got out of me for figures that I worth three-four times as much nowadays!!!

(Please no calling out anyone here on the forum if anyone was involved)

Here's some of my good sales from the past:

-Sideshow AVP:R Wolf mask: $500
-Hot Toys Hicks (w/ custom head painted by Les): $500
-Hot Toys Original Predator 2 Elder Unopened: $500
-Hot Toys Predator 2 Battle Damage Unopened: $500

I also consider getting rid of all the rubber ALIENS (AVP, AVP:R,Alien, Alien 3, etc.) a good deal since they're breaking apart nowadays.

I'll look up some more later but here's some absolute STEALS. I could barely even get cost for some of these figures when I tried to sell them and now they're worth so much more.

I sold them all around 2010. Most of these were my display figures and I sold them all with the boxes as I stored and kept virtually everything. This was when I first liquidated my collection the first time around:

-Hot Toys Superman Returns Jor-El (Brando) Complete: $90
-Hot Toys 300 Leonidas Complete: $130
-Hot Toys The Dark Knight Two-Face Complete: $75 ....NO JOKE! NO ONE WANTED TWO-FACE BACK THEN!!!
-Hot Toys Godfather Complete: $150
-Andy Bergholz Christian Bale Headsculpt (Unpainted): $7.50
-Hot Toys Alien Science Officer Kane Complete: $72

And I shake my head at this one:

I had two and here's how much they went for:

-Hot Toys The Dark Knight Two-Face SEALED, MISB: $100 and...... $80 :( :( :(

I'll add more later. I had the Joker figures sold at cheap, got some good prices for original Hot Toys, etc. etc....I want to hear from everyone else.

The best thing I can relate, is this.

Back in 2010, I had only just gotten into 1/6 figures - & the HT MMS117 T-2 Arnold was my very first :)rock).

The second - HT Ledger 'bank robber' Joker. Still an excellent figure - & I'd say arguably, still HT' best Joker to date.

I got ^that^ figure in 2010 - NEW.. for $95. Yep. At the time, that figure was retailing for around $300 here in Aus.

Local e-Tailer had a sale, & it was as if the stars had aligned just as I became a fan of this scale.

I'll never see that kind of a bargain again. :)

Not as bad as some of yours but here's a few awesome deals people got from me last year...
Whiplash $190
Mech Test Tony Stark v1 about $315
Iron Man mk IV $280
I also traded my DX Jack Sparrow and War Machine for a DX12 and First Avenger Cap. I'm still trying to figure out if that was an even trade.

Best deal ever for me in 1:6th scale was purchasing the Hot Toys Godfather exclusive (MIB) shipped in the original SS shipping box--SEALED for $135.00 USD in 2010. I of course opened it and still proudly display it. 2nd best deal purchasing was Hot Toys Dutch shipped for $125.00USD--I got it on PO from a company in the States. I haven't sold anything in 1:6th:slap.

I've had a few I bought both scarface enterbay and enterbay godfather and sideshow claude all in boxes for £100
I had these already but sold godfather for £350
Scarface I sold for £140

Recent one and I'd really like to put the sideshow boardie's name out there because he really helped and was awesome to deal with! :clap
So I bought both pee wee and his bike for $1000 from Indiana Fett! Thanks man! :)

MG's grinch bought direct from MG was offered 3,000 turned down the offer he cost me £250 still my favourite piece now!

Willy wonka rainman sculpt rainman sent me his personal unpainted one as my sculpt went missing cost me the shipping that was all!

Just before Christmas I paid £200 for the Signature Edition of the Big Chief Studios 4th Doctor figure.

It arrived and to be very blunt, I thought it was bloody awful.

Fortunately I was able to sell it a couple of days later for £400 which paid for a couple of Hot Toys figures :)

Sold an unopened Red Skull premium format to some one in the Middle East for over $1000. Probably the best sale ever.
Sold an Iron Man Hulkbuster to someone in Philly who tried to say it arrived broken and wanted a refund before he shipped it back, but provided no proof of damage.
Reported him to Eb_y and never heard from him again. I guess it wasn't that broken

Everyone is upsetting me :( lol I was unable to purchase a lot of these high end hot toys few years back because of finances and I missed out when the prices were so good. Last year in august I finally hit a good job where overtime was offered anytime I wanted. So I started working longer hours to save the money to buy the figures I wanted. And here we go
HAWKEYE - $536 AUD
TWO FACE - $510 :/ ouch
Dx11 joker $410
Whiplash $450
Joker Robber $400
Dx01 joker $450

So yea sadly I payed top dollar for most of them but we are all collectors and sometimes we miss out and have to work harder for what we want , as I did , but what it does is makes you appreciate them more.
As for bargains I got dx10 for 180 which is pretty good I think and bane for 200

I want King Leonidas , blade 2, god father etc but the prices for these are at 600+ so so hard for me to save for all :/

I managed to purchase Blade for 350$ IM2 Mk6 350$ and two face for 300$ a few days ago from eBay. Also when visiting houston I managed to buy 2x DX11 for 204$ each. They had a sale event and 3 days later I purchased a DX11 and DX12 for 310$ of eBay which I could not refuse to pass. Gave 1 DX11 to my little brother and sold another for retail.

Everyone is upsetting me :( lol I was unable to purchase a lot of these high end hot toys few years back because of finances and I missed out when the prices were so good. Last year in august I finally hit a good job where overtime was offered anytime I wanted. So I started working longer hours to save the money to buy the figures I wanted. And here we go
HAWKEYE - $536 AUD
TWO FACE - $510 :/ ouch
Dx11 joker $410
Whiplash $450
Joker Robber $400
Dx01 joker $450

So yea sadly I payed top dollar for most of them but we are all collectors and sometimes we miss out and have to work harder for what we want , as I did , but what it does is makes you appreciate them more.
As for bargains I got dx10 for 180 which is pretty good I think and bane for 200

I want King Leonidas , blade 2, god father etc but the prices for these are at 600+ so so hard for me to save for all :/

WOW! That's some CASH to get those figures!

Whiplash is going for that much? Sheesh. Well, I guess its believable of Two-Face is selling for over $500. :lol

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Had some nice deals latley a MIB Darth Malgus for £100 delivered and a Gereral Obi-Wan £15 (no box) as for sales, well I collect so I've never had any.

Back