Custom 1/6 Chewbacca real-fur.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks awesome! Too bad it has the Hasbro Chewie under it, I hate the joints on that figure. Sideshow needs to make a Chewie, but with Sideshow Articulation.

Yep - nice but the torso looks a bit long on these customs, which makes the legs seem short - at least IMO.

You could always try a Sideshow Big Boy body.... not sure what figure would be cheap to get one though ?

Didnt Kit get one for about 30 less then thats starting?

Wor-Gar loves his and it looks exceptional in his (now world famous) pics so that's pretty much all I needed to hear. :D

mfoga said:
Didnt Kit get one for about 30 less then thats starting?
not sure about Kit's but he had one up last week for $68 that he'd built on a vintage bod. it looked great but he told me that the body only moved at the shouders and waist, so i thought i'd wait. now i'm too broke to get one lol.

The ill Jedi said:
Wow, that Chewie looks wicked! Here's hoping Sideshow takes the same approach with the fur.

i'm praying they will. they've done well w/ their "rubber suit" type figs so i'm betting it's gonna have a fur suit, tho it'll have to have a fur head too. fully sculpted head wouldn't look right w/ a fur body.

For starting at $200, I expected a little more. For all that money, I would have an EXACT likeness to chewy, and that aint it.

congerking said:
For starting at $200, I expected a little more. For all that money, I would have an EXACT likeness to chewy, and that aint it.
its damn good tho, ive one made by the same guy too,its worth every penny of 200 bucks,with some fur styling these look xcellent. this guys had to work out how to do this ,then go about doing it,and i think IT IS WORTH IT.

Hi all,
Somewhat new here as I just signed up last week or so but I have been lurking for a LONG while now. I usually just get too intimidated by all the indepth conversation sometimes to add anything worthwhile. Anyway,I just wanted to say thanks for all the comments on the my Chewbacca. I really do appreciate it.

WELCOME!:fest
Great Chewie! Considering this thread, you should have some of these: :chew :chew :chew:D

How long did it take to do the fur?

AWESOME !!!

Even if the face is not a total great representation of chewie...

This is the proof that it a fur Chewie figure can be done !!

So :

SIDESHOW GUYS, WE WANT a 1/4 SCALE Premium Format CHEWBACCA WITH FUR !!

You can do it !!!

Great looking Chewie. I would be happy with one similar to that.

My only critique would be that it looks a bit heavy (Chewie was tall and thin) and that the legs look a bit short. But overall, a fantastic rendition of our favorite Wookie!

Great job, Deathstalker. :rock

Thanks again ,
I think it takes about 8-10 hours for me to complete over two weeks or so. Not counting all the down time in between shaving excess plastic off the body in places so the hair lays better and the little bit of painting. The biggest thing is the drying time with the hair application. Especially the head and facial area. That definitely takes the longest...

Deathstalker said:
Thanks again ,
I think it takes about 8-10 hours for me to complete over two weeks or so. Not counting all the down time in between shaving excess plastic off the body in places so the hair lays better and the little bit of painting. The biggest thing is the drying time with the hair application. Especially the head and facial area. That definitely takes the longest...

Hey, hey! DeathStalker -- you made it here! Its about time. A big welcome to you!

Now you will see the terrible addiction that this site causes.

That Chewie looks great by the way. Like any figure, its hard to appreciate how cool it really is by pictures. You have to hold all 15 inches in your hands.

I sense terrible jokes forming...

Welcome deathstalker! And many congrats on your remarkable Chewie. :D

I was wondering if and when you MIGHT consider making these available to SSF!:monkey5 ?

Back