The Last of Us - Movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1990709-652686_20120814_002.jpg

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/s...ould-you-cast-as-joel-and-ellie/1100-6418155/

"The Last of Us was praised for its strong story and now the PlayStation 3 action game is getting a movie adaptation. Before you shrug your shoulders or roll your eyes, consider the talent behind the project.

Naughty Dog creative director Neil Druckmann will write the script for the film, according to Deadline's exclusive story. And Naughty Dog co-presidents Evan Wells and Christophe Balestra, as well as game director Bruce Straley, are also involved. Veteran Naughty Dog writer Amy Hennig recently left the company, though it's unknown if she'll contribute to the film.

The movie will be distributed by Sony's own Screen Gems production company. Deadline also notes that Spider-Man director Sam Raimi and his Ghost House Pictures company are attached to the project. Raimi's involvement with the project is unclear.

"Since our game released last June, we've talked with many companies about making a film, but we couldn't have found better partners who share our creative vision and high standards," Wells said about Screen Gems and Ghost House Pictures.

No other details about casting or plot for the Last Us movie were announced, so we have to ask: who would you cast as Joel and Ellie?"

Raimi is attached. The Last of Us is now a comedy in the spirit of The Three Stooges and Army of Darkness.

Since it's a Rami film now, I'm predicting Ellie will be kidnapped by the talking zombies a few times. Maybe they can get James Franco to help ruin it too. :lol

I don't think Raimi's a terrible fit, especially with Druckman involved, because I get the sense that he's not one to let his creations get away from him or be cheapened.

I'm sure this movie will join the rest of the announced video game movies in development hell.

Nooo we don't need it. Its fine as a game. Atleast wait for the second one to come out to make a movie.

Nooo we don't need it. Its fine as a game. Atleast wait for the second one to come out to make a movie.

I don't necessarily disagree, I'm just saying it has a much better chance of being made than any other failed videogame/movie project in recent history. :lol

Like halo? Halo was in production for sooooooo many yrs. that movie should of been made by now.

I'm all in! I like the fact ND are on board with this, that fills me with a lot of confidence that this could actually succeed.

So any thoughts on who would best play Joel & Ellie?

I know he has played a similar role to it already, however, I would like to see Viggo Mortensen play Joel. I would also be happy with Hugh Jackman.

Josh Brolin for Joel, Kaitlyn Dever for Ellie.

I could see Dylan McDermott being a good Joel, if he can get that gruff, Texas mannerism down.

I could also see Deadwood's Ray McKinnon being perfect for David.

Suffice it to say, if Bill is played by anyone other than W. Earl Brown, I will be disappointed. The guys pretty much seethes through the character, and, on top of that, he's an accomplished character actor.

Back