Sideshow, are you taking notes?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
Entire outfit + body: $9.95

img5356600ir4.jpg

Maybe it's time to hire the factory that produces Toy Presidents to produce your own 1/6 clothing and costumes.

wow that thing looks freaken awsome!!! I'm gonna get a few too...I'm gonna get the George W. Bush one for my Bruce Wayne custom....

Its true, the articulation is pretty basic for a 1/6... and the suits are pretty good (especially for the price) but not exceptional.

The Toy President bodies have less articulation, but their proportions are better than Sideshow's. They can hold more natural poses. Their joints are also tighter, so they can stand up on their own much easier. All three Toy President suits I own are better quality than Sideshow's outfits. Just touching the fabric, you can instantly tell it's a better grade than what Sideshow uses. The tailoring is also superior with correct sleeve lengths for their bodies and sharp looking collars. I also don't like how Sideshow takes shortcuts, such as using elastic bands for their neckties.

I have to disagree with you on the tailoring. The collar is huge and the pants are much to long. I can say they look good but don't go with superior.

Superior does not mean perfect. It means, better in comparison to Sideshow's.

JustinLuck said:
The Toy President bodies have less articulation, but their proportions are better than Sideshow's. They can hold more natural poses. Their joints are also tighter, so they can stand up on their own much easier. All three Toy President suits I own are better quality than Sideshow's outfits. Just touching the fabric, you can instantly tell it's a better grade than what Sideshow uses. The tailoring is also superior with correct sleeve lengths for their bodies and sharp looking collars. I also don't like how Sideshow takes shortcuts, such as using elastic bands for their neckties.

Well damn, why do you buy SS figures if they are so inferior to a $10 toy?

So is that pinstripe suit mafia hit-man walter Skinner? That suit just doesn't fit the charactor, regardless of material quality and cut.

EVILFACE said:
Well damn, why do you buy SS figures if they are so inferior to a $10 toy?

I buy Sideshow items for their headsculpts and licensed products. But that doesn't mean we can't ask for improvements or desire for them to keep up with the competition when it comes to clothing and accessories.

And if the Toy President clothing only costs $10 with basic body, it makes you wonder how much money Sideshow uses for tailoring and clothing reproduction.

Last edited:
All of my toy presidents have weak ankels and fall over when I try to display them free standing. I can't even use my magnet method because they fall over and the magnets can't keep them upright.

I do like the real neckties though.

Agent0028 said:
All of my toy presidents have weak ankels and fall over when I try to display them free standing. I can't even use my magnet method because they fall over and the magnets can't keep them upright.

Hmm, mine are tight. When did you buy yours and which presidents? So far, I have the bodies for JFK, Ronald Reagon 2nd ed, and Bush Jr.

How long has Toy Presidents been selling these bodies?

I think that Ronald Ragen 2nd edition suit would be great on a Roger Moore Bond. Seems like something he would wear. Those really are great deals for great suits and even a talking body. Going to have to get me some. How much was shipping in the US?

I have the W figure from them... and I have the same issue with him standing. Even though he has giant rigid boots he will always topple unless I use a stand. I think the added weight of the voice-box in the chest could be culprit.

And for the $10, I'm guessing they are not moving the regular figures so this is a way to sell off some inventory. Which is too bad. The W figure is actually quite good and they seemed to have a lot of potential. But every figure released afterwards has had a terrible head sculpt and worse paint apps... not a good recipe for success.

JustinLuck said:
. But that doesn't mean we can't ask for improvements or desire for them to keep up with the competition when it comes to clothing and accessories.

Word UP!!!:chew :chew :chew :chew

JustinLuck said:
I buy Sideshow items for their headsculpts and licensed products. But that doesn't mean we can't ask for improvements or desire for them to keep up with the competition when it comes to clothing and accessories.

And if the Toy President clothing only costs $10 with basic body, it makes you wonder how much money Sideshow uses for tailoring and clothing reproduction.

To some folks asking for improvements is slapping Sideshow in the face. I love Sideshow's licenses but am not a blind follower that thinks its ok for quality to drop on something or that its wrong to question why something is the way it is. At $45 -$50 a figure I really shouldn't have to reapint a head [or have it repainted], the accessories and clothes should be done correctly and it shouldn't be too much to ask for accurate female bodies.
Getting back to topic though, I have about a dozen of the Toy Presidents. None have had trouble standing freely and the suits do certainly come in handy. The bodies also make great background characters.

Back