My shopping list to start my collection. Any Advice?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

para50

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know no one likes threads with the theme "Tell me what to buy" but that isn't what this is meant to be. I've always loved collecting movie figures and things and I've only just started to get an appreciation for the more expensive/collectible pieces now that I have more disposable income. Anyway, this is the stuff I want to get this year, I've chopped and changed it quite a bit. There was more Hot Toys on it before but I decided I prefer the look of the bigger statues. Reason for making the thread is just for a bit of advice from people that know more about these things than I do. I had no idea everyone hated the T-1000 polystone statue, I just thought it would look cool with the T-800. I'm not sure if there's a decent alternative. Anyway, this is what I want so far

T-800 and T-1000 polystone statues
Hot Toys 1/4 Endoskeleton
Enterbay 1/4 T-800 and a 1/4 harley fat boy
Hollywood Collectables 1:2 T-800 Bust
Predator Dutch PF
Predator 1 LSB (already bought)
Sun Star Back to the Future 1/18 1, 2 and 3 cars
Alien Big chap LSB
NECA ED-209 and whichever Robocop looks best with it

Also, please let me know if you know of any decent deals for any of this stuff in the UK. I'm trying not to break the bank right now. I could buy a load of LSFs and cinemaquettes if I wanted to but I have to keep my priorities in order as I'm also saving for other things at the moment.

You may not have a choice.
Get the pieces you can get a hold of now at the price you're comfortable with.

This...
https://www.collectiblesdirect.co.u...ion-figure-16-t-800-battle-damaged-32-cm.html
Best looking HT i've ever seen and a great price from Lee. Will be my first and probably last.

Dutch PF is a good choice.

You need to decide your priorities, Predator, Terminator, Alien or Robocop before deciding what to persue first.

Another thing to remember is scale.
You say you like the T-800 & T-1000. If you mean the new BD T-800 that's a 1:4 PF and the T-1000 is a 1:5 statue. They may not look the best displayed together.

Last edited:
Wow, that is pretty cool, I hadn't seen that yet. Any idea how you''ll display it so it doesn't look out of place as you don't have any other HT?

The T-800 I meant was the one with the shotgun and sunglasses. I think that's the same scale as the T-1000 one. After taking a really close look at them, I agree that they're far from perfect. I really wanted those two characters displayed together though. I might swap them for HT 1/6 ones or Enterbay 1/4, I guess there's no reason to restrict myself to just statues as long as I'm happy with how they look. Oh, I bought that predator one you suggested on ebay too. Thanks for the tip.

If you already have the Pred LSB, the HCG T-800 bust and Chap LSB would be a nice 1:2 set. I just got a T-800 bust myself, but they are pretty hard to find even here in the states.

You won the Classic Ex? :clap

I was going to display the HT next to the 1:1 Endo bust but i'm trying to sell that at the moment so I can get a 1:2 HCG Endoskeleton.

I had £10 store credit and Lee had £10 discount for full payment so the HT cost me £145...Bargain!

Yeh. If you're an Alien fan you need either the Warrior or BC LSB.
I'm not a big Alien fan myself but might pick one of those up.

Yeah, I got it for £233. I hadn't even thought about whether I really wanted it, but I got a notification that the listing was ending on my phone and I panicked and bidded quickly haha. I'm sure I'll be happy with it though. I'll definitely get the T-800 from there if I get one, I'm surprised by the price. Will you pick up for alien LSB from a dealer over here or order it direct from SS?

I'd noticed the 1:2 bust is hard to come by. There's one here which seems like a good price but shipping from aus will probably be awkward. I've seen some crazy prices for things I want over there but the shipping and customs charge will just wipe out the savings.

Buying from outside the E.U is a nightmare. I don't even bother to look there.
Saying that, eBay has an error on the location filter at the monent, pissing me off!

Not really a fan of that 1:2 bust.

If I do go for the Alien LSB it will be a direct order as I have $150 in free Reward Points to use.

My collection is very small compared to many others on this board, but my advice would be to try to stick to one scale as much as possible. They display better together compared to for example a 1/6-figure and 1/4-figure next to eachother.

My collection is very small compared to many others on this board, but my advice would be to try to stick to one scale as much as possible. They display better together compared to for example a 1/6-figure and 1/4-figure next to eachother.

Most of the time that is true, but 1/4 full figures and larger scale busts seem to compliment each other.

I'm trying to stick to one scale strictly due to space constraints.
I can't fit all the predators on my shelves anymore.

I decided to get the Enterbay T-800 BD and the T-1000 instead of the polystone statues. Was toying with the idea of the HT ones but after seeing them next to each other, the size did it for me.

Don't know really, it's not a statue but it's not a bust :dunno
It would look like the other half should be under the table.

Don't get me wrong, if I could get it for that price I would consider it.

As I said I'm after the 1:2 full statue.
Yea, I wanted the full one too, but with only one gun and other issues I can't bring myself to pay the double or more it would cost. I like the torso bust, you can get away with it on an endo as it could still function as a half figure.

I put the bust next to my Hot Toys 1/4 full endo when I first got it and sold the HT endo the next day, just no comparison.

Back