Overseas eBay ordering

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggieDoc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have maybe a "noob" type question but thought it was easiest to just ask here. I almost always order from Sideshow or other US sites (Iam in the US myself), but I recently found a few things I like on eBay that are offered from sellers mostly in Hong Kong. As long as they have a good rating are these generally ok folks to order from? For example the Toys Legend arc reactor prop replica caught my eye but it isn't offered by ANY US seller that I could find. Just wanted to know if there was anything to look for to clue into a bad seller versus a good one. Thanks for any advice, guys!

Get recommendations for HK traders from Boardies who have used them.. good ratings may reflect a lot of sales of pairs of socks.. and you don't want to buy a pair of socks masquerading as an Arc Reactor! :lol

First seller seems to sell a lot of custom headsculpts (remolds?), so might be ok.. Second seller you linked to, has sold lots of cheap items, that is generally a bad sign.

I tend to be suspicious when items are unexpectedly cheap and there is no shipping cost, despite the fact it is an overseas Seller.. Best rule of thumb is: Only pay a PayPal invoice through eBay (from a Credit Card), never send the payment as a 'Gift' or for shipping rather than for the item itself on an invoice (both of these methods can be used to scam you).. plus never exceed the PayPal 45 day limit on refunds, no matter what the Seller's sob story may be (so no pre-orders, if its an Ebay deal).. Bottomline, if a deal seems to good to be true, it's probably a scam.

I do not generally deal with the Far East on Ebay, too much hassle.. but this thread might help.

Get recommendations for HK traders from Boardies who have used them.. good ratings may reflect a lot of sales of pairs of socks.. and you don't want to buy a pair of socks masquerading as an Arc Reactor! :lol

Great advice. If you buy from a reputable eBay dealer you're likely to have little problems.

Imo the most important eBay rule is: If the auction looks too good to be true, it is. For example, if you see Hot Toys Hawkeye selling for $199 it's a guaranteed scam.

My 2nd eBay rule would be to never pre order anything. Reason being that Paypal has a 45day period where you can file a fraud claim. If you pre order something that isn't due out for 6 months and you end up getting scammed, there's little chance you'll get reimbursed.

Thanks for the advice, guys. Don't worry about the preorder thing, I've never preordered on eBay, never plan to! I actually ended up finding a different arc reactor replica that I thought was cool and it was from a seller in the US, so I'm all good. I'll keep these points in mind in the future, though!

I can confirm that yes, everything outside the US is similar to Ra Al Ghul's lair from Batman Begins. Its a shady world full of ninjas waiting to rip you off.

I can confirm that yes, everything outside the US is similar to Ra Al Ghul's lair from Batman Begins. Its a shady world full of ninjas waiting to rip you off.

Exactly!
.. wait a sec.. I'm outside the US.. that's a xenophobic outrage! :pfft:
I only wear ninja black to avoid pavement chewing gum sticking to my shoes

Exactly!
.. wait a sec.. I'm outside the US.. that's a xenophobic outrage! :pfft:
I only wear ninja black to avoid pavement chewing gum sticking to my shoes

Its not xenophobic if I'm also outside the US.

I'm just confirming that in the country called 'overseas' we're all scary ninjas.

I'll see you tonight for beer and scones at my lair.

Its not xenophobic if I'm also outside the US.

I'm just confirming that in the country called 'overseas' we're all scary ninjas.

I'll see you tonight for beer and scones at my lair.

No worries.. I'll bring a slab of Sapporo stubbies and some wasabi sauce for the tucker! :hi5:

A little off topic but didn't think it was worth starting a new thread, as anyone ever had a package sent by china post stuck "on sent to airline" for over a week?

Usually when it says this the package arrived the next day and oddly things I've ordered from the same seller after this item have already arrived.

A little off topic but didn't think it was worth starting a new thread, as anyone ever had a package sent by china post stuck "on sent to airline" for over a week?

Usually when it says this the package arrived the next day and oddly things I've ordered from the same seller after this item have already arrived.

Never have seen that specific message, usually it's stuck on' Origin Post is Preparing Shipment' for me. Most recent one hasn't updated for 10 days :banghead

Back