Slime/wet/gooey effect and base help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teabelly83

Super Freak
Reaction score
Im working on some ghostbuster customs right now and are thinking of doing a base for them to stand on but not quite sure what to do at the moment, however i quiite like the idea of adding some puddles of green slime and just wondering how to go about it? what kind of material is good to use for giving that wet look and something i could paint a green colour too.

also, what sort of materials are best to use for bases in general? foam board? or something else?? again im not too sure what to make the base look like yet if i decided to make one so im just playing with ideas right now but i thought it would look fun with a styled based in my detolf rather then them stood on their regular hot toys black bases.

thanks alot

Hobby stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels have little diorama kits. One of the kits is a water effects kit. Its great for things that need a wet look permanently. You can use whatever color you need as the base and then go over it with the water effects for the wet look. Should work for slime.

They also have a snow and ice effects kit. The 'snow' could probably be easily adapted to marshmallow should you decide to go that route instead.

Thanks so much for the reply...im in the uk so we dont have those stores here but ill have a look online for a water effects kit...unless you can link me to any? i wanted wet looking blobs of green slime so didnt really want the full base looking green.

also, i love the idea of stay puft marshmallow! i considered using sculpting material for that and sculpting like small mounds of piled up marshmallow them paint it white. then glue them to a base?

Hobby stores like Hobby Lobby and Michaels have little diorama kits. One of the kits is a water effects kit. Its great for things that need a wet look permanently. You can use whatever color you need as the base and then go over it with the water effects for the wet look. Should work for slime.

They also have a snow and ice effects kit. The 'snow' could probably be easily adapted to marshmallow should you decide to go that route instead.

Back