Lucky Hot Toys Avenger find last night...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veedubguy83

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I had to post this, just because I am pretty excited about it... I went to my local comic shop lastnight because they were doing a box customer appreciation night. I have been going in there regularly lately and have picked a few HT figures recently. Well when I was there last night I noticed they had an Avengers Loki shipper box behind the counter, so I asked the manager if they had the figure as well, he said that he was holding it for someone who had emailed him about it a few days ago but had not hear anything back so it was mine if I wanted it. I was pretty excited about that. I told him how I wish I had came into the HT scene a little earlier so I could have been able to get the rest of the crew... He told me to hold on, he went in the back and to my extreme surprise he came out with an Avengers Iron Man Mark VII!!! I was shocked! I had to get them both! With my discount I got them both for just over $400, considering they are going for about that just much for one on e-bay I felt pretty good! Now I just need to figure out how I am going to get the rest of them, hah!

Congratulations+you+win+the+internet+_1be57d972869644a5456051ed8404e12.jpg

You suck dude.

(...and by saying "you suck", you should know that it really means I am insanely jealous of your awesome find.)

Congrats, that actually pretty freaking awesome. :hi5:

Wow....

I've wanted the Mark VII for a while now, and the only shop by me that has one left wants $400 for it alone. Not willing to budge on the price either unfortunately. So congrats on the awesome deal man!!

Wow that's a killer deal. I love my Avengers. I just wish I would have got my MK VII for retail. That really drained my figure fund for a few months.

I used to find good deals on hot toys at my local store, until Hawkeye shot me in the knee...

Great find dude, completely jealous, really want a Loki.

Now if only I can find a new store now that the old store closed...

Congrats on your lucky find!!:clap They are both awesome figures to have and to get them for that price....very well done!:clap

My local shop stinks for Hot Toys. I emailed the guy recently asking if they had any and he replied "Yes, one, from IM3." That was vague since so may figures came from that movie. I tried to get more info, but all he said was it was the iron man one from the third movie. Turned out to just be the power pose figure and he was asking over 200 for it, opened.

My local shop stinks for Hot Toys. I emailed the guy recently asking if they had any and he replied "Yes, one, from IM3." That was vague since so may figures came from that movie. I tried to get more info, but all he said was it was the iron man one from the third movie. Turned out to just be the power pose figure and he was asking over 200 for it, opened.

Fortunately I have gotten to know the manager pretty well at my shop ( probably because I have dropped closed to a grand within the last couple months on Hot Toys and Sideshow Figures... ), they sell all their Hot Toys and Sideshow stuff for MSRP whether it is something that is popular or sold out everywhere else. They are owned by Dark Horse comics so it is more of a retail store than a privately owned one.

Wow that's a killer deal. I love my Avengers. I just wish I would have got my MK VII for retail. That really drained my figure fund for a few months.

I originally had no intentions on getting any Avengers figures mainly because I got into collecting the HT stuff too late... But when I saw he had them both I couldn't help myself, needless to say I won't be able to get anything for quite a while, toy funds are drained... lol

You Oregonians also pay no sales tax.

Damn, so jelly. I lived in Portland very briefly many years ago too.

Dark Horse is based out of Milwaukie, IIRC.

Back