SS Predator 1 & 2 Diorama Exclusive Head Stand

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rogue_Predator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey Pred Heads,

I have the Sideshow Collectibles Predator 1 and Predator 2 Exclusive Version Dioramas (for those who don't know I have attached a picture of each).
The interchangeable heads that come with the exclusive versions never came with a head stand which I think is NEEDED! Come on sideshow!

Does anyone know of anyone who can make a stand for the heads to rest on? Like the Wolf LSB has a interchangeable head that comes with a stand for the spare head to be displayed on whilst it's not being used.

Any information will be appreciated ;)

/_\ . ' .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uteva4yp.jpg
ysevy5e9.jpg
u7y4ymej.jpg
varu9ese.jpg

I thought I read somewhere (a long time ago) that someone actually did make a stand for those two pieces, though it may not be from this forum.
You might want to try asking elsewhere as well.

As you said SS should include stands with all Pred portraits, The $1,200 P2 Maquette isn't even getting one.
These aren't like other switch out portraits, the fragile dreads make them a pain to store safely and they look pretty cool on display.

Anyway pretty simple to make.
Get an imprint of the peg at the base of the portrait in Plasticine or similar.
Fill the imprint with candle wax then stick a pencil in it, leave to set hard...
Remove Plasticine then build a stand of any size or shape around the wax peg.
Leave for 24 hours then chip the wax out.

P1010598.JPG

Just need to get some paint and practice how to get a nice finish.

F4b.JPG F4c.JPG

Wow, thanks for the tips Collectorcol! I shall give it a go and will upload some pics once I've done them ;) fingers crossed!

So...I've got grey & black model paint. Any tips on how to get a nice finish on my stands, similar to the 1:5 bases?
Like a grey finish but not solid grey.
Don't want to invest in an airbrush so just using standard paint brushes.

So...I've got grey & black model paint. Any tips on how to get a nice finish on my stands, similar to the 1:5 bases?
Like a grey finish but not solid grey.
Don't want to invest in an airbrush so just using standard paint brushes.

Try using spray paints Col. It leave a much smoother finish than if you were using paint strokes. If you have a local Halfords nearby I'd suggest popping in there and checking out their car spray paints. I'd imagine they've got dozen different shades of grey. Hope that helps bud and good luck with your project :hi5:

Thanks Andy.
Didn't even think about spray paint :slap I had a small pot if black model paint so picked up a grey.

No worries...advantages of model paint would probably be that they are a cheap alternative. The spray paints would cost you roughly £6 a can but sometimes paying that bit extra for a better finish is worth it. I've seen your custom bases for your Pred Headsculpts and they look pretty good...let me know how you get on or if you need any more help :1-1:

Next week is the week for head base sculpting! :/ I'm a virgin to all this so fingers crossed!
Thanks to CollectorCol I have half a chance of getting it right ;)

Like I said it was the first time I've attempted anything like this.

What are you using? I got some Apoxy Sculpt from eBay which wasn't cheap but it was pretty good to work with. Mixed the two parts then left for an hour so it wasn't as sticky.
There's cheaper stuff out there, Milliput?, which would be interesting to try.

Looking forward to seeing your results

Back