How Do You Fix The "No-Neck" Syndrome?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterToyNYC

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been covered yet, but here goes.

I'm hoping someone here has some ideas I haven't thought of.

I have a neckless headsculpt I'm working with. It only seems to work well on muscle bodies. When I try it on Hot Toys TTM/clone bodies, it suffers from "no-neck" syndrome.

It works on the muscle body mainly because the body has traps and the neck rides higher. On the TTM bodies, the neck is just not long enough. I've even tried the longer version and still no luck.

I'm trying to figure out a way to fix this problem, short of having a neck sculpted onto the headsculpt.

Has anyone had this problem? If so, how have you solved it?

Thanks.
Eric

What I have done is take a reg hot toys neck and glue the little neck (the ones made for heads with necks) to the bottom. It worked for me

Yep, anything that would extend the regular neck should work. Although I seem to usually have the opposite problem where the neck seems too long :lol

Thanks. I should have made it clear that I am using a custom resin headsculpt. I think part of the problem is that the neck pocket on the headsculpt is too wide and too deep. Therefore, the neck post automatically goes in a bit too far and the width of the the neck pocket makes the head looks like it floating on the neck. What I'm going to try and do is refill the neck pocket and then dremel a new, more size-appropriate neck pocket. I'll let you guys know how that works.

Thanks again.
Eric

Fill the head with aves or milliput.
Then draw a dot exactly in the middle of the head and use one of those flat hole saws for wood on a power drill.
Hold the head in one hand and drill with the other.
Yes it is dangerous and stupid but it works very well.
Whilst drilling move the drill on an angle whilst moving it around the inside of the head.
Just keep practice fitting it.
And then with a dremel you can fine tune it for a perfect fit.

17mm is the size you need and is safe.
But you can get away with 18mm if you get it exactly in the middle.
But I prefer 17mm with dremel tweaking

Last edited:
Back