Good News Everyone!..Airsoft provides a 'sterling' source for custom 1:1 Blasters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taibhse

Super Freak
Reaction score
Trouble sourcing a de-activated Sterling submachine gun for that realistic, full size, steel, custom E11 blaster.. to put the awesome icing on your trooping outfit cake?.. problem solved -

.. and after trooping, you can take it CQBing....

I mentioned about this here some time ago: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...and-or-Props&p=6453365&viewfull=1#post6453365

This airsoft Sterling nice, but the price is around $500, which even by airsoft fans is is too much, as for SW fans you can get an ok deact. Sterling for that money or just a bit more, if you know where to look. This airsoft is a copy of MGC Sterling and Canadian C1 Sterling which was used for ROTJ Stormtrooper blasters. And not even this is 100% accurate, the front muzzle part is unfortunately taken from a regular Mk4 L2A3 Sterling. So you get a combo, not a very accurate piece.

And you would need to upgrade this airsoft version as well. If you want to make it ANH despite its origins for ROTJ E-11 you would need t-tracks (Marv, Gino or Blastech), M38/M40/M19 tank scope and scope rail - all these are a must to make a base ANH E-11. The following greeblies are optional, but would add up to the blaster itself: Hengstler counter with its bracket and cylinders. And you need to shorten the clip, not sure if possible with the airsoft in a way not to damage it.

If you go ROTJ you need a different type of scope where half of it is resin IIRC and with a different type of rail. The T-tracks are replaced by metal U shaped strips. And you need to add a few new greeblies on the side of the E-11.

So in the end not sure if this is worth $500, considering you can get the real deal for similar price, and you need to upgrade both of them with greeblies and parts.

Below is a chart photo set showing the differences between ANH and ROTJ Stormtrooper blasters, including the original base guns used: Sterling Mk4 L2A3 for ANH and Sterling MGC for ROTJ, then pitures of the screen used E-11 and finally of some cool fan made ones using the real deal:

ANH E-11:

8hj9.jpg

ROTJ E-11:

jgba.jpg

Good points JKNO (apologies, I hadn't seen your posts on the subject in the other thread) and some great photos.. however the (relative) ease of acquiring deactivated Sterlings in the UK and Europe (and the price has been steadily increasing, even here) is not mirrored in the USA.. also as you say, a deactivated Sterling needs greeblies too.. and it's exactly that, deactivated.. whereas this can be used for CBQing, as a Stormtrooper.. thus opening up a whole new area of trooping.. which reminds me, I need to complete my 1:1 Blackhole Stormie suit!
:rock

Good points JKNO (apologies, I hadn't seen your posts on the subject in the other thread) and some great photos.. however the (relative) ease of acquiring deactivated Sterlings in the UK and Europe (and the price has been steadily increasing, even here) is not mirrored in the USA.. also as you say, a deactivated Sterling needs greeblies too.. and it's exactly that, deactivated.. whereas this can be used for CBQing, as a Stormtrooper.. thus opening up a whole new area of trooping.. which reminds me, I need to complete my 1:1 Blackhole Stormie suit!
:rock

Trust me in US is easier to get a deactivated Sterling than in some EU countries. Just visit Unique Canes with their variety of blasters: https://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/star-wars.html or here: https://yhst-5672966975550.stores.yahoo.net/brstprt.html or IMA USA: https://www.ima-usa.com/nation/british-militaria/british-machine-guns/sterling-smg.html or here: https://www.ima-usa.com/british-sterling-smg-mk-iv-display-gun-3253.html

Nothing will beat a real demilled Sterling, no airsoft Sterling, no Master Replicas E-11, no other blaster, not matter if metal or not. This is a real prop, not a simple toy or replica. Once you held a real Sterling in your hand, and once you upgraded it, and transformed it into a Stormtrooper blaster, there is nothing better left, maybe not even the screen used Sterling E-11, because not even those remained as they were in Star Wars after filming - they were cleaned up to be used as SMG's in other movies, so no more greeblies on them, not even on the ones sold at official auctions.

Besides all that, as I said, if you really want to make a good blaster after this airsoft, you need to make it the less iconic ROTJ E-11, and not ANH or ESB. This is because these guys had no clue in what they were making, and they copied the Model Gun Corporation (MGC) Sterling which is a copy of the Canadian C1 Sterling. This was only used in ROTJ and there are some striking differences between MGC/C1 Sterling (used as base gun for E-11 in ROTJ) and the British MK4 L2A3 (used in ANH/ESB). Even the greeblies are different. Just look at the pics above.

Thanks for the excellent links JKNO.. guess I will run with the custom ROTJ, E11 variant.. but if that is just one de-activated Sterling (not counting the couple of more expensive, finished customs) per outlet, that would not be exactly a huge source, in a country as big as the USA.. I agree with you on the Master Replicas prop, which is quite severely lacking in the greeblies department

Loved the pic of the custom Jawa Blaster.. didn't realise they had used a trusty .303 Enfield as the basis for that prop.. used to shoot with those, in the CCF.. back when dinosaurs roamed the earth. :)

You just need to get the greeblies for the ROTJ version. They are a bit harder to find than for ANH, though sometimes cheaper, depending if you want metal of just resin.

Airsoft Stormtrooper blaster:

E11 Blaster

We know of a few airsoft companies (like AEG: Action Custom SL-MK4 Sterling AEG - airsoft AEG / AEP RedWolf Airsoft or Evike: S&T Full Steel WWII Sterling L2A1 Airsoft AEG Submachine Gun, Airsoft Guns - Evike.com) trying to make the Sterling with more or less success and accuracy, but seems these new guys are trying to make a Stormtooper blaster (blacter LOL) from the start. And the good news is that the Hong Kong 501st Garrison is helping them making it more accurate. This might be the next best thing to a real Sterling, and in some ways maybe better, since you can go play with your airsoft buddies carrying an iconic blaster.

e11.jpg

hey Jkno, any updates on the airsoft E-11, ETA, pricing etc?

Looking to grab an E-11 for display, just a bonus that I can shoot airsoft bbs :)

Have no idea. Unfortunately none of the airsoft Sterlings is accurate enough so far to be interested in.

(in reference to: https://www.smartteamhk.com/en/e11.html)

Dear JC,

Regarding the below item at this moment it still in production, also for the pricing of this item it has yet to be confirmed.

We would like to thank you for your interest in our product.

If there are any more inquires please do not hesitant and contact us.

Many Thanks

Best Regards,

Alan Wong

Smart Team International Industrial Ltd.

Tel : (852) 2401 1121

Email: [email protected]

So I sent follow up emails, one to S&T team and ehobbyasia (who they forward you to for availability) and this is what I got back:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your email.

After checking with S&T, the E-11 will be available in December. We will let you know when the product is in stock. Thanks a lot.

If you have any further question, please feel free to contact us.

Best Regards,

eHobbyAsia - CS8

www.ehobbyasia.com

And then I sent an email to a2supplies (the company showing the blueprint version E-11 in the image above from jkno:

Hi JC,

Thank you for your email. We are STILL waiting on a release date. It was supposed to have been this month but nothing yet. As S&T products were used in the up and coming Rogue One film we are wondering if they may wait until after the film is released. No news on the DLT-19 but we will be doing rubber prop copies of the T-21. We will also have airsoft and rubber prop versions of the Death Trooper Blaster soon as well.

Kind regards

A2

So Smart Team created blasters for the Rogue One movie??? That should give a lot of hope for those looking for great prop replicas, these guys made blasters for an actual star wars movie. Hopefully that doesn't cause the price to increase!

You'd think they'd turn to Anovos for in-movie props. I guess they have their plate full as-is.

There seem to be a few pictures of the new airsoft Stormtrooper blaster on ehobbyasia.com Facebook page. But the scope seems to be upside down and the seam on top is distracting, the t-tracks are too short and they missed some holes, and the wires look bad. The Hengstler counter is way too backwards and doesn't look too good either, at least the back part. It has the same fat grips and long endcap like all airsoft Sterlings so far. Not impressed.
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

156alpj.jpg

I need one of these guns for my Anovos suit. Was going to get one of the 3d printed guns, but this looks better.

I need one of these guns for my Anovos suit. Was going to get one of the 3d printed guns, but this looks better.

The thing is this looks quite bad as it is. Better get an airsoft Sterling and get it converted separately.

Back