SW VS. LOTR #9: Leia VS. Legolas

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leia VS. Legolas

• Princess Leia

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • Legolas

Votes: 41 60.3%

• Total voters

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
Well, next week we will be 2/3 of the way through our poll marathon, and as of now, Star Wars and Lord of the Rings are tied once again. This week's odd pairing (I was in the mood for something different this time) will put one saga or the other on top heading into week ten. Vote for your favorite and tell us why:

princessleiavslegolascb5.jpg

These brave heroes won’t let their royal background keep them from being in the middle of the action. Their courage, dexterity and grace under pressure are nothing compared to their ability to keep their long hair shiny and their skin soft and supple—even on the battlefield.

PAST POLL RESULTS:
1. Han Solo (39) VS. Aragorn (80)
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi (41) VS. Gandalf (62)
3. C-3PO & R2-D2 (44) VS. Merry & Pippin (42)
4. Luke (56) VS. Frodo (40)
5. Darth Maul (62) VS. Lurtz (28)
6. Chewbacca (41) VS. Gimli (44)
7. Count Dooku (19) VS. Saruman (65)
8. General Grievous (58) VS. Gothmog (29)

Leia is a much tougher woman than Legolas was a man-elf. Leia did what she had to to save her friends, husband, and brother. Legolas just did what he was told.

Buttmunch said:
Leia is a much tougher woman than Legolas was a man-elf. Leia did what she had to to save her friends, husband, and brother. Legolas just did what he was told.
Yeah but Legolas slid down a set of stairs on a shield without even breaking a sweat. He is the freakin man/elf!

I've got to go with the Elf on this one. Leia was a strong character and a great character, but I never was the biggest Leia fan. She's tough as nails and does whatever she can for those she cares about, but Legolas was a legend the second he walked onscreen. Guys wanted to see what he could do and the ladies gasped. And over time with the chemistry between himself and Aragorn/Gimli, he skyrocketed himself even higher. Some of his scenes are the most memorable in the trilogy, even with the series having such an abundance of them already.

Legolas all the way.... Though Slave Leia will always have a place with me.... in my bed!! :naughty :lol :naughty

tomandshell said:
These brave heroes won’t let their royal background keep them from being in the middle of the action. Their courage, dexterity and grace under pressure are nothing compared to their ability to keep their long hair shiny and their skin soft and supple—even on the battlefield.

:lol :rotfl
Best post ever!

Yes, Leia should probably have gone against Eowyn, but I was interested in seeing which of these two characters would win if they faced each other in a poll.

Sorry to do such a bad job yet again. Once again, I have let Anakin down...

:monkey2

tomandshell said:
Yes, Leia should probably have gone against Eowyn, but I was interested in seeing which of these two characters would win if they faced each other in a poll.

Sorry to do such a bad job yet again. Once again, I have let Anakin down...

:monkey2

,..you have been doing a very good job tom,...i just didn't like 2 of them,..,,. :cool:

Anakin said:
,..you have been doing a very good job tom,...i just didn't like 2 of them,..,,. :cool:

Well, I knew people wouldn't be crazy about this one. I just wanted to see who would win in this match up for some weird reason.

:eek:

Next week, people will be even more irritated with me...

tomandshell said:
Well, I knew people wouldn't be crazy about this one. I just wanted to see who would win in this match up for some weird reason.

I think you've been doing a great job. Any time it takes an internal debate, it's a good match up.

When I first read the title it stopped at VS on the main page and thought for sure it'd be Eowyn. That would've been a tough choice but Leia would've won.

This one I'm not so sure. I need some time to think about this one.

i picked Legolas. Anyone that can take on a Mumak by himself is cool in my book. Don't get me wrong. Leia is a cool tough girl, and hot in the slave outfit, but compared to kiiling a big slug vs. a giant elephant....... :rolleyes:

Leia vs. Legolas? :lol

Sounds more like a romantic match-up. I'd like to see Han Solo interrupt them and try to kick Legolas' butt. I think Legolas would beat Han.

Anyway, not sure how to vote here. I think its unfair to match Leia against Legolas as her romantic entanglement was as important to her character as her royal background.

As Tom said, Leia vs. Eowyn makes for a better comparison.

tomandshell said:

Its all for fun anyway so who cares. This is an interesting matchup. Leia would definatly beat any female in LOTR but going against Legoals I will have to take him. Leia's kick ass attitude seems to drop off a lot as the movies go on and by the end she is too much of a withering little flower following Han around like a puppy.

My reasoning was that Leia is a full fledged main character, one of the top three stars of the OT. LOTR doesn't really have a counterpart. There are really only three female roles, none of them anywhere near as large as Leia. The most likely pairing would have been Eowyn, but I decided to do something completely off the wall instead.

I have the rest figured out, and hopefully (other than next week) the pairings will be more appropriate.

But as Madden said, it's all just for fun.

Back