1/6 Hot toys mars attacks where they at?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShapeShifter

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys I stumbled upon these today and I had no idea that hot toys had made 1/6 mars attacks figures and I took quite the liking to them, anybody have any pics they'd like to share of them? I was even thinking of selling or trading with my DX13 or T1 Tech Noir mms136 for one of them? Is that a good idea or any issues or problem with them? I have never seen them personally just web pics so feel free to post some pics of them

Terrible idea to trade or sell your DX13 or Tech Noir for the Hot Toys Mars Attack figures. They ain't worth that horrible trade or to get rid of Hot Toys best. You can get them for cheap if you look around. But trust me the DX 13 and Tech Noir are way better figures. The Aliens are cool but not worth it.

Terrible idea to trade or sell your DX13 or Tech Noir for the Hot Toys Mars Attack figures. They ain't worth that horrible trade or to get rid of Hot Toys best. You can get them for cheap if you look around. But trust me the DX 13 and Tech Noir are way better figures. The Aliens are cool but not worth it.

Well I seen that they were about $110 when released and I thought man I can't believe that I missed out on them and I only saw one on flea bay and I know most sellers on there are out to lunch but the only one I seen on there was like $850 lol

Well I seen that they were about $110 when released and I thought man I can't believe that I missed out on them and I only saw one on flea bay and I know most sellers on there are out to lunch but the only one I seen on there was like $850 lol

Don't look on eBay. I saw a seller on here selling both figures for about $250 each. Just keep searching and even post in the want to buy section.

Don't look on eBay. I saw a seller on here selling both figures for about $250 each. Just keep searching and even post in the want to buy section.

Thanks dude I just edited my WTB ad and listed them so hopefully somebody out there has one or both, what do you figure they are worth each?

I love mine... They're hilarious! But yeah, the rubber on the arms do split open when bent even though I've had mine displayed in a neutral pose without any bend of the arms. Keep them straight and the splits won't be obvious.

12220605386_5096e38ccb_b.jpg

Haha great pic! I have heard almost everyone say that the arms rip that's too bad, is there anything you could use to prevent them from ripping other than the obvious of not bending the arms or legs, I'm gonna keep searching till someone sells me one haha thanks for the pic

Yeah I love my martian, but as seems to be the way with these guys, his rubber body suit is split around the elbows and knees, even though I only posed him once and have him behind glass.

I personally wouldn't go near older HT figures with rubber bodies unless you have some kind of replacement in mind. They're only going to get worse.

Well it's unfortunate about the bodies cause I really want one so hopefully I can find someone to sell theirs, splits or not I still want one but I guess I have to wait till someone decides to say goodbye to theirs lol any way to fix the splits?

I personally wouldn't go near older HT figures with rubber bodies unless you have some kind of replacement in mind. They're only going to get worse.

Yeah.. Really sucks. And perhaps disappointing at the same time. I don't have many rubber suited figures. This Martian figure is the first out of all my Hot Toys to deteriorate. The Dark Knight original costume Batman which is rubber, is still holding up well to this day. And this one came before the Mars Attacks figure if I'm not mistaken. And the rubber waist on my MMS10 Robocop, which is perhaps the oldest Hot Toys figure I have, is still in good shape, with no cracks whatsoever.

The only rubber figure I have right now is dutch which is still like new, I wonder why they deteriorate? It's funny cause for a figure that seems to be crap which I still want lol seems to be ridiculously overpriced especially on ebay which isn't a surprise but I seen some joker list one on there recently for £850.00 which with the exchange rate equals $1538.00 hahahaha this guy must be on crack, it was good for a laugh because I can't think of a single figure to date that I would pay over $1500.00 for but that's flea bay for ya

Just a thought, but it could be Hot Toys cutting cost and using cheaper materials for the rubber parts so they can mass produce... My MMS10 robocop rubber waist which was made many years ago, 2006 I think, is still just like new. The figure is at least 8 years old now and it still looks great. Your Dutch figure as well probably. What does this show? Their early figures from years ago are still in good condition but its the ones that were made afterwards that start to give problems over time. I wouldn't be surprised if rubber parts from figures released in the past 3 - 5 years would start to deteriorate as well.

Ya I really hope dutch doesn't start to break down anytime soon because he's probably one of my favourite figures I own but if it does I will just have to swap it out for a new body, would you say $200 is a good price for a used mars attacks soldier?

I feel 200 is too much. But i've seen some go higher than that. So if thats the cheapest you can find, then i say go for it... If you really want it.

Well they were about $100 when they came out and I understand that prices go up when things are sold out but I'm just wondering if I'm gonna regret paying that and it's rips or tears etc like everyone has been saying, funny thing I saw this morning is someone had one on amazon for $99,999.00 no jokes hahaha I know someone had a pair on here for $250 but can't find that, only got 1 pm and it was for $200 and it's been displayed etc says it's in good condition so I'm not sure what to do

Back