Can't Believe I just Did This...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well. I am thankful to the Endor Soldiers because they caused some serious soul searching and I have done something I thought I could never do.

I cancelled my preorders for Plo Koon Ex.
Bib Fortuna Ex.
Jabba Throne
Jabba The Hut

I am keeping Leia Boushh and Asajj (of course). But I have decided to narrow my focus down and decided I didn't want Jabba to hog all the display space (I am going to leave that to Emperor Palpatine and his throne room env. when it happens... and it will...). :rock

I respect you.

So far, I've canceled the Han Solo Ex. and the Bib Fortuna Ex. I've got Maul, the Maul Expansion, Leia Boushh, Plo Koon, and now Asajj on order. I have to keep Maul and Boushh, but Plo Koon is up in the air and while I don't currently have the money for Asajj, I'd really like to keep her so I'll have to see how things end up.

Hopefully we'll get Vader soon...:eek:

Say it ain't so Pix!!!

This thing is months away from shipping. Why cancel now? There's no harm in waiting to see how things shape up in the next few months. I hope you don't regret your decision.

I was going to say the same thing as Loki.

Damm its been a dark Star Wars day in you house. Canceling items, Selling Luke PF:monkey2

I fully understand Pix. I cancelled Boushh but thats all. I really really want Jabba and Bib. I never ordered Ploo. I figure I can pick the reg. up someware down the road. I just have Jabba, Bib, Maul & Asajj on order right now.

pixletwin said:
And, oh yeah: I am keeping Nik Sant! What is this world coming to!!??!! :monkey5

I would have kept Plo instead up Nik, but I guess you can always come over to see my Jabba set up right? You'll really be sorry if you do though. I think only those that saw him at SDCC can fully appreicate the whole set up. It is literally AWEsome.

I sold the first 3 SW 12" exclusives, cancelled all my preorders and droped the line entirely. Once I saw Jabba during SDCC I knew I would not have the space to do the line justice since I already collect the GG maquettes.

I did order Asajj and I will get Padme since I love Clone Wars. I can certainly understand some dropping some of these figures. It can get pretty overwhelming as these will pick up steam in 2007 during the 30th anniversary.

I was getting pretty close to canceling Jabba and his set-up, but since I got a new job the other day I think I'll keep the order.

But I figure at this point I may have to keep them boxed for awhile (due to display space issues), but that one day he'll make a great display!

First rule of SS collecting:

1. Never cancel until you get the shipping soon notice. It costs nothing to keep something on preorder and you just might live to regret an early cancellation.

:)

Khev said:
Never cancel until you get the shipping soon notice. It costs nothing to keep something on preorder and you just might live to regret an early cancellation.

That how I feel as well. I always wait to cancel something until I get that notice unless it's something that I know for certain I no longer want, like if I decide to stop collecting an entire line. If you are still not 100% I say don't cancel.

I've cancel TONS and TONS of things this year but I've never canceled any of my 1/6 SW pieces. I did cancel my Luke & Yoda PF Ex. but that's just because the exclusive is kind of lame so I'll pick it up later for cheaper if I decide I still want it.

Khev said:

The head is really kind of lame IMO. It's just not scene specific to the PF's pose. If luke had actually seen the head while he was lugging around Yoda then yes it would be kinda cool. It just seems out of place.

Back