DETOLF's are back at Ikea

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
For those who did not know. Detolf's are back at Ikea. There are only carrying the black/brown.

i suppose this was a regional issue, cause the ikea where i'm from was never "out of stock" of them.

Yea, they sell out fast is all. I remember the last few i bought, they came into stock the so i bought them day of and they were nearly gone when I got to the store.

They would not say. I emailed the head office and was referred back to the local store. They get very few in at a time and usually sell out quick. In previous thread the problem was with the vendor. Also they said first come first serve. You can also purchase them online if you want to pay for the shipping costs.

*Celebrates by buying 10 Black Detolf*. *Out Of Stock*.

Detolfs many shop's 1st choice when it comes to getting a cabinet to display their goods, cheap & effective, compared to those thousand dollar customs.

They are ridiculously heavy though, and despite its flat packaging, its in a somewhat awkward shape to bring it home on your own. Did it once when I got my first detolf and it was a pain to transport it myself. A few months later, i bought another two, and decided to have Ikea deliver them to me.

Nonetheless, they are definitely the most affordable glass display cabinet money can buy. Simple, effective and affordable. They're perfect.

It's because the weight is not focused on one point but distributed along the length, which makes carrying difficult for 1 person. The longest 500 meters i had walked. Had to drag it along.

They are ridiculously heavy though, and despite its flat packaging, its in a somewhat awkward shape to bring it home on your own. Did it once when I got my first detolf and it was a pain to transport it myself. A few months later, i bought another two, and decided to have Ikea deliver them to me.

Nonetheless, they are definitely the most affordable glass display cabinet money can buy. Simple, effective and affordable. They're perfect.

It's because the weight is not focused on one point but distributed along the length, which makes carrying difficult for 1 person. The longest 500 meters i had walked. Had to drag it along.

yikes! you walked home with one?! that's crazy bro. how long was the walk?

I apologize if the UK does not have any and yes I understand Ikea is a world wide vendor. Information is never useless.

No entirely pointless. They were out of stock for shipping, and I quit checking, but seeing this thread, checked the website, and they are available again.

Pointless thread!

You do realise that Ikea trade all over the world and stock varies from store to store? :slap

There was definitely a stock issue for a while. I checked the entire tri-state area for Detolfs and all the stores were out of stock. Out of frustration I checked random stores all over the US and I never found one store that had any in stock. I didn't check every single store in the US of course, but I checked A LOT. After that I assumed they were discontinuing them or something so I went looking on forums and sure enough everyone was reporting that they couldn't find them anywhere.

I'm glad to hear that stores are finally getting them in stock again.

I bought the last two they had in Atlanta a few weeks ago. Got all the way up to the register and didn't know they come in two separate boxes. Had to go back and get the other pieces. LOL.

I wish you could buy them online and them ship them to the store and pick them up. If you can already do that I'm an idiot.

These are being made up untill April 2014. Once stock runs out that is it. At least that is what I was told by someone who works for Ikea. I guess only time will tell if this info is true. I don't understand why they would discontinue this item if it's such a great seller for them. Makes no business sense to me. Then again I'm no business man.

These are being made up untill April 2014. Once stock runs out that is it. At least that is what I was told by someone who works for Ikea. I guess only time will tell if this info is true. I don't understand why they would discontinue this item if it's such a great seller for them. Makes no business sense to me. Then again I'm no business man.

Their employees never seem to know what's going with any of their products. I've been told that so many times only to have the product show up a few weeks later.

Back