1/6 Damage Prone thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

potato

Super Freak
Reaction score
I think it would be good to have a thread to report any 1/6 figures that is prone to get damaged as time goes by, mainly due to the materials used like Pleather, cheap plastic, bad rubbers etc. Although I know certain figures i don't actually own have certain problems i'll let those who actually has em to tell the story.

This should help people be aware of what they are buying & what to look out for, and best of all, which figure they should let go ASAP.
Also if there's any replacement/remedy do tell us.

Here's mine:

1.Medicom Stormtrooper: Cracking/Flaking inner black suit, cloth jumpsuit replacement from other medicom figures recommended. Flaking Gun Holster that will 1 day turn to dust (Stains the armor too!).

2.Medicom Jango Fett: Cracking/Flaking pleather chest vest. Nothing can be done.

3.Medicom Rocketeer 2.5 (One of my favourites!!! :pray:): What seems to be higher quality, thicker, better made Leather Jacket which makes the figure so special, tends to crack & flake too... the cracks is unavoidable as the jacket are squished at the back by default, although i have yet heard anyone talking about it, it will one day fail depend on your environment.

4.Medicom Yutaka Ozaki: Another figure that sells with his Leather Jacket. Well made, but bad material, will crack & flake like the rest of his medicom buddies.

5.Medicom Metal Gear Solid 4 Raiden: Wrist peg will break off naturally after few years. Suggest using Blutack to stick them back instead of gluing them back.

6.Medicom Battle Of The Planets Mark: Pleather suit/cape will flake.

7.Medicom Go Ranger Red (1st release): Pleather cape will flake but not big issue.

8.Sideshow Dark Anakin: Pleather outer robe can crack/flake. However I used neutral leather shoe shine and it seems to slow down the process.

9.Takara Protect Gear Midori Washio German Grey: Same as Anakin, pleather suit needs treatment to slow down/prevent the failing process.

10.Enterbay Michael Jordan Away 23: Enterbay Black cloth material tends to stain. So take it out either wash with water or wrap the parts with plastic before putting those parts on.

11.Medicom Red Spectacles RAH (new): Inner pleather suit (which i didn't notice) will crack/flake, pleather belts everywhere will just break off.

12.Medicom Lupin 3rd Stylish Collection Fujiko Mines: Rubber Catsuit will flake. Can be converted to cloth Catsuit by removing top layer (a messy process)

On the Watch List:
Medicom Akira Kaneda wears thin pleather like jacket.
Medicom Fist Of North Star figures all wear pleather like shirts
Medicom Motoko Kusanagi wears supposingly renewed rubber/pleather like jumpsuit.
Medicom Gantz figures wear rubber like jumpsuits.
Hot Toys Leon wears a leather jacket

Right now i'm trying to find some black clothed jumpsuits that fits Medicom Figures.

While I don't personally own any of the figures mentioned , I would think that the way you store and take care of your fugures will go a long way towards their longevity. So assuming they will break / wear away irrespective isn't a true statement imo

I just looked yesterday and my white uniform Jordan figure has HUGE yellow stains all along the edges, looks like from whatever glue they used. Major bummer..

i have yet hear a Medicom Stormtrooper that doesn't break, Darth Vader too. so you can say some materials break easier than others. although environment conditions does have effects, i have asked several sellers on ebay from different locations about certain items i have and all of them said the same problem.

so yes while heat, humidity, dust, air quality does affect the rate materials decompose, the materials itself is a more important factor.

Treating certain materials while it's new might prolong it's life longer even under bad condition. i use leather polished on leather like fabrics so it has a protective coating to reduce oxydation, the result has huge difference between 1 that has been treated and 1 that hasn't. Also i wax diecast parts so they look shiny & offers a protection layer. but sadly, some of the materials like the medicom jumpsuit, can't really be treated. My Sideshow Anakin robe is still intact even though the environment is worse than some folks which has already melted down.

edges where the uniform sits? or edges of the body? i know the decals are glued onto the jersey, but they are white. i have white smudges on the jersey that's a pain to remove coz they're so sticky.

but you probably wanna worry about black stains by the Black bands & underpants.

I just looked yesterday and my white uniform Jordan figure has HUGE yellow stains all along the edges, looks like from whatever glue they used. Major bummer..

Many of the Enterbay Bruce Lee figures are known to have outfits that stain the skin underneath.

Same goes for Hot Toys Hulk black spandex.

Hot Toys Captain America shields have paint flaking issue that will need clear coat spray to stop or they'll peel completely over time.

Last edited:
HT Godfather, HT Hellboy.

Knees.

Every Hot Toys figure using the True Type base body at that time is prone to knee breakage. The Two-Face figure, and the carded TT at the time all have the same problem. Just a bad batch, I suppose.

Back