Robert Rodriguez’s FROM DUSK TILL DAWN: THE SERIES

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meth head

Super Freak
Reaction score

Based on the thrill-ride film, “From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series” is a supernatural crime saga centered around bank robber, Seth Gecko (Cotrona) and his violent, unpredictable brother, Richard “Richie” Gecko (Holtz), who are wanted by the FBI and Texas Rangers Earl McGraw (Johnson) and Freddie Gonzalez (Garcia) after a bank heist left several people dead. While on an escape route to Mexico, Seth and Richie encounter former minister Jacob Fuller and his family who they take hostage. Using the family RV to make a run for the Mexican border, chaos ensues when the group detours to a strip club that is unknowingly populated by vampires, and forces them to fight until dawn in order to get out alive. The series deepens the tone of the film, adds new characters and backstories and expands the Mesoamerican mythology behind the vampires.

Saw this and am curious. But given Tarantino wrote the story and Rodriguez's film was pretty much shot for shot, it's been covered, so this seems completely unnecessary and just something to capitalize off of the current vampire trend.

Just what the world needs more vampire related nonsense.

I like True Blood, Vampire Diaries and The Originals. But one does wonder when they're gonna stop with the vampire stuff. They'll probably put werewolves and witches in this aswell. Enough is enough surely.

If the Gecko Brothers didn't encounter the vampires until after they had crossed the border and Richie dies in the bar how are there vampires in this series? :dunno

If the Gecko Brothers didn't encounter the vampires until after they had crossed the border and Richie dies in the bar how are there vampires in this series? :dunno

Is it a reboot?

In any case this show has lost part of the appeal of that film by default - the way that film played out as a hostage/road movie initially and then took a sharp turn into total ****ed up monster movie territory.

Also I'm guessing Salma Hayek won't be doing any near-naked table dancing.

The movie's great. I haven't watched it for a long time, may watch it again soon. Where the sequels any good?

My local independent cinema showed the movie around Halloween time, it was immense seeing it on the big screen.

Never watched the sequels and never want to :lol

Anyone else been watching this? It's obviously not as good as the movie and there are a lot of changes to make the story work better as a series, but I've found it to be very enjoyable so far.

Surprised at how accurate the dude playing Seth Gecko is to Clooney's portrayal. The person playing Richie...not as much, but he's not bad by any means and is still fun to watch.

I never cared for the latter half of the film with the vampires, but always loved the first half that focused on the Gecko brothers making their escape. In the series I find myself much more interested in the snake-god-vampire-whatever they are storyline than I thought I would be. In the series they're a lot less vampire and a lot more ancient Mayan/Aztec snake-god people.

The one consistent complaint I have is the guy playing the ranger. His acting is very hard to believe at times.

Curious to see if there will be a second season. The show is almost at the limit of what it can take from the film, but I haven't seen the sequels so I'm not sure if it will borrow from them.

I wasn't expecting it to be this good honestly. It's better than most regular broadcast TV shows IMO.

Missed it when it started and didn't want to jump in the middle so I haven't seen any of it yet. I liked the movie so I'll give it a shot at some point.

Back