eFX INCINERATOR TROOPER PCR Helmet Review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandible

Super Freak
Reaction score
INTRODUCTION:
Continuing with the Star Wars: The Force Unleashed theme, eFX have just released their Incinerator Trooper Precision Cast Replica helmet.

As with all previous iterations, nothing has (seemingly) changed manufacturing wise, except for the new dark green, 501st approved lenses - and of course the paint apps.

I am a huge fan of the game, and after watching a recent interview with lead actor Sam Witwer decided to play through it once more only last week. Even though I am an old-school OT purist, I (personally) love the story and think it could have made a really good film.

SCULPT:
Nothing new here, it’s the same “idealized” version as before…
“Move along. Move along.”

PAINT APPS:
OMG!!!! This is where this thing outshines ANY weathering I have ever seen before on a mass produced helmet; simply stunning! Apparently, every helmet is hand weathered – no spray gun or automated rush-jobs here.

Words can never do justice to the paint apps until you see it in the flesh. It seriously looks like it’s been through hell and back!

NOTE: The seam that extends over the mouth area on the PCR line is cleverly disguised on this version because of the dark-red… a really nice touch that pushes the finish to a far higher price-point item.

PACKAGING:
As above – nothing has changed. I must say though, as I live “Down-Under,” the packaging on most items I receive usually take a pounding and there have been instances where items have been damaged.

This particular “clam-style” packaging eFX uses for the PCR line is excellent and every one of my collection have arrived without fault.

CONCLUSION:
I have to say, as I did with the Stormtrooper Commander, this normally wouldn’t be on my radar. I’m the boring OT guy who normally doesn’t like anything beyond the world of the three original films. However, after being blown away by the Stormtrooper Commander this release was a must – it’s the perfect companion piece to compliment the Commander!

With the paint apps taken to a whole new level this helmet has become one of my favorites and can stand toe-to-toe even next to my eFX Vader Limited Edition.

I love it and couldn’t recommend it highly enough… particularly for the price; I can’t believe you get so much value for so little cost.

Do yourself a favor and just buy it!

These sell for only $219 exclusively through Amazon and eBAY.

https://www.amazon.com/Force-Unleas...8-1-fkmr2&keywords=incinerator+trooper+helmet

https://www.ebay.com/itm/STAR-WARS-...512?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c3b3e4748

IMG_0326_zps9afa9fa6.jpg
IMG_0327_zpsf56de18e.jpg
IMG_0330_zpse0515e63.jpg
IMG_0329_zpsc1a4d4b7.jpg
IMG_0334_zpseb7d6847.jpg
IMG_0333_zps9fae7826.jpg

Nice review! + rep from me. I like the weathering, IMO it is the best of all the eFX PCR/MR CE helmets so far.
Though I'm wondering what repaint helmet will be next... Maybe starting a bet? ;)

Nice review! + rep from me. I like the weathering, IMO it is the best of all the eFX PCR/MR CE helmets so far.
Though I'm wondering what repaint helmet will be next... Maybe starting a bet? ;)

Thanks JK! I'm really happy with it. If this weathering technique is used on the Scout Trooper I think it'll be gold!

Back