Wonder Woman or Hellboy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empacker04

Super Freak
Reaction score
I want to begin reading a new comic and learn about a new character. Hellboy and Wonder Woman are on my list. Which one should I start with?

I would have said Hellboy hands down no contest, but the current New 52 run of Wonder Woman as really really good. Perhaps you should pick up the first trade of each and choose from there.

I am leaning towards the Hellboy Vol. 1 Library Ed. Anyone have the Library Eds?

I want to begin reading a new comic and learn about a new character. Hellboy and Wonder Woman are on my list. Which one should I start with?

Its really a tough call, and honestly two completely different genres.

Hellboy. The only noteworthy Wonder Woman comic is her New 52 run.

I can't disagree more

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk

I'd recommend the Wonder Woman one highly. It is fantastic, I mean a handful of the New 52 has done some justice for the characters, and Wonder Woman definitely has been served well.

I'd vote for Hellboy. The world Mignola created is really rich and full of strange mythos; defiantly makes for an interesting read.

I've read the first 12 issues of the new 52 WW and then I dropped it. It was decent but nothing too intriguing. Also, I wasnt too fond of the clay/birth origin for WW but also I've heard it has gotten better when they introduced the First Born. So just a heads up on it, now I cant comment on Hellboy since I've never read one issue for him. Good luck and enjoy the reading. :)

I loved the 52 Wonder Woman except the author starts getting too clever for his own good after awhile. Or rather he makes the characters he's writing too clever and sharp-witted for my taste. It's like he's amusing himself at the expense of amusing his readers. I like everything else about it except for the dialog.

Back