P1 1:1 Bust or P1 Maquette EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cartman5579

Super Freak
Reaction score
I want both equally but can only afford 1 of them at the moment. So, assuming that i have a chance to buy both of them (which i don't yet, but on the hunt), which one should come first? Which one would my fellow freaks get first? Anyone that owns both and has an opinion, i would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks 100_1650.jpgsample_01.jpg

Both incredible pieces, given the 'grail' status for each of them I would purchase which ever came up first at the right (sensible) price...

Or you could play the numbers game, 300 for the ex maquette and 1000 for the bust? More likely to pick up a bust given the numbers.

One day I hope to have the maquette, a regular would be fine for me :)

Good luck

I would say that the maquette is the better investment, and its nice to have something that is full body. Also, if you have the Dutch PF, its the perfect compliment. I have recently thrown around the idea of selling my EX, but it would have to be a pickup scenario, as I don't have the original shipper.

Well, I could always make a trip to Illinois :). I'm in Michigan, what's a few hours

When I bought mine without the box, the previous seller did a great job of making sure it was carefully wrapped and situated inside a well packed, large box. I must admit though, unpacking it was one of the most nervous moments...luckily it worked out. After seeing how he packed it, and some ideas I have to make it even better, I could be coerced into shipping mine, but I would really be afraid that something would happen...especially going overseas!

The life size Pred bust is amazing, but make sure you are OK with collecting fiberglass reinforced statues though, they are made differently and feels totally different from a traditional maquette or PF. I'm keeping my P1 bust since it really is the best representation of the Predator (along with the maquette as well), but I'm selling most of my other 1:1 busts because in the end of the day that fiberglass hollow feel kind of kills the joy for me; a hefty maquette or PF just feels that much better.

--

These are both top shelf Predator collectibles. You cannot go wrong with either one. I own the 1:1 and would LOVE to own the EX Maquette.

some food for thought, the Sideshow 1:1 is the finest, most accurate life-size 1987 Predator prop available in the market. There is no better life size representation available for purchase. If you want the best 1:1 head of the 1987 Predator the life-size is IT.

The Maquette is a 1/4 pretty much exact replica (minus the cannon) of the SWS statue. It's the finest 1987 Predator available for purchase. The EX masked version is truly Exclusive. However, despite it's subtle innacuracies to the 1987 Predator, many collectors believe the 1/3 scale Cinemaquette offering is the definitive scaled replica Predator statue.

Back