Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gran3131

Super Freak
Reaction score
So who plans on getting it and what was your method. I know Loki has a pre-order I plan to wait in line Saturday night to pick it up on Sunday. This will be the first Nintendo I have purchased since the very first one. I can see my self getting all three systems eventually. The 360 will depend on what Star Wars games are released for it and due to FF 13 play station 3 is a must.

But for now it will be Nintendo. The Wii is unique and it will allow for the non gamer to have a lot of fun with it. Not to mention Zelda looks awesome and there will be a Final Fantasy game for it. So like I said I will be there Saturday night.

Not me, sadly. :( Wii was my second choice, just as Gamecube was my second choice for the last generation of console. Both times, Nintendo was beaten by the Xbox, and for the same reason: Halo :chew

I could get one, I suppose. But I have PFs and such to pay for in the future.

I am absolutely getting this. Finally something genuinely different, and not just shinier graphics.

I cant wait

I agree artists. A lot of times now days games get lost in graphics and long detailed cinematic scenes. I will always take game play over anything else. My all time favorite games are still from PS1 and the first Nintendo.

mines is pre ordered with Call of duty 3 and Zelda Twighlight princess so guaranteed to get it launch date

yeeha!!!

i'll get it along with marvel ultimate alliance.but not till jan. or feb.:cool:

I have points through work, so I'm getting mine for only $45....but I have to get it through amazon.com. So i don't know when I get it :(

I'll get it at some point. I only buy AAA-quality games these days.

:D :D :D :D :D

Just paid mine off this evening. Got an extra controller, Zelda (of course, I've had this game on reserve since January of 2005!), Red Steel, and Super Monkey ball. I wasn't even considering getting Super Monkey Ball until I saw Gamespot.com's video of them playing it with the Wii remote. Intsantly sold!

I have a feeling this console will have me getting games I would've never even considered just because of how cool they are with the remote.

I unfortunately have to work the Raven's game this Sunday, I know poor me :lol , but I'm going straight to Gamestop afterwards and don't plan to stop playing until Wednesday when I go to my parents for Thanksgiving. And yes, I'll be taking my Wii to my parents :D

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS!!!

Still looking into this system, but my feelings are kinda etchy about Nintendo post Nintendo 64. It seems like they release their systems too fast compared to the others (look what they've done with all of the GBA within a certain time frame) and I really don't want the Wii to become obsolete within a few years after purchase.

Nitro said:
Still looking into this system, but my feelings are kinda etchy about Nintendo post Nintendo 64. It seems like they release their systems too fast compared to the others (look what they've done with all of the GBA within a certain time frame) and I really don't want the Wii to become obsolete within a few years after purchase.

That has only been with hand helds. Their release of major consoles has been steady with every other manufacturer. The two things that Nintendo has going for it are cost and reliability. I paid about $450 for the system, an extra controller, and 3 games. That wouldn't even get you the cheapest version of the PS3, and who the hell would want that anyway? I've never had a problem with a Nintendo system, which is a lot more than I can say about Sony or Microsoft.

Not to mention, the Wii is just going to be fun to play.

Anyone on the fence about a Wii just needs to check out the video here https://www.gamespot.com/wii/index.html?tag=nav-top;wii

Check out the 'We've got a Wii' video. It's long so just skip to where they actually have the system and are playing. You will have no reservations about this system.

Waiting for launch. Hopefully lines will not be to bad but I will prepare for the worst.

I can't wait for the Wii, but it looks like I'll have to...My girlfriend, bless her heart, has decided that this is what she will be getting me for my birthday in December. She will even be trying to wait in line to grab a system at Target sunday morning! It'll be driving me crazy knowing that she bought it, and I've pre-paid for Zelda, Monkey Ball, an extra controller and a classic controller. The only thing not accounted for yet is the memory to store downloaded games. Does anybody know if you can use an external hard drive attached through a USB cable, or is it just Memory sticks?

Seaward said:
I can't wait for the Wii, but it looks like I'll have to...My girlfriend, bless her heart, has decided that this is what she will be getting me for my birthday in December. She will even be trying to wait in line to grab a system at Target sunday morning! It'll be driving me crazy knowing that she bought it, and I've pre-paid for Zelda, Monkey Ball, an extra controller and a classic controller. The only thing not accounted for yet is the memory to store downloaded games. Does anybody know if you can use an external hard drive attached through a USB cable, or is it just Memory sticks?

As far as I know, just memory sticks. But ask any of my ex girlfriends, I don't know anything.

And don't waste your money on the Wii memory card. You can use any SD flash memory card and can find them for a lot cheaper. I even heard Target is having a Black Friday sale on 1 gig SD cards for under $5.

Darth Loki said:
That has only been with hand helds. Their release of major consoles has been steady with every other manufacturer. The two things that Nintendo has going for it are cost and reliability. I paid about $450 for the system, an extra controller, and 3 games. That wouldn't even get you the cheapest version of the PS3, and who the hell would want that anyway? I've never had a problem with a Nintendo system, which is a lot more than I can say about Sony or Microsoft.

Not to mention, the Wii is just going to be fun to play.

Anyone on the fence about a Wii just needs to check out the video here https://www.gamespot.com/wii/index.html?tag=nav-top;wii

Check out the 'We've got a Wii' video. It's long so just skip to where they actually have the system and are playing. You will have no reservations about this system.

Loki apparently you have not been introduced to GEARS OF WAR! Only the best game to hit the shelf this year. I will still buy a Wii though for Zelda. Just dont hate on the best system around the 360 baby. Sorry truth hurts. I always say that. PS3 is just for people who want to say they have it for now. You know the type because we are it. You know. I gotta have it right now types of people. I have since got rid of that emotion. I will wait until medal gear. No sense in getting a PS3 right now with 360 ports on it. I will get a Wii like I said but in no way will it replace my 360!

i'm in. it is priced $50 more than it should be though. i'll check around the retailers from launch till Christmas and pick one up then.

BadMoon said:
Loki apparently you have not been introduced to GEARS OF WAR! Only the best game to hit the shelf this year. I will still buy a Wii though for Zelda. Just dont hate on the best system around the 360 baby. Sorry truth hurts. I always say that. PS3 is just for people who want to say they have it for now. You know the type because we are it. You know. I gotta have it right now types of people. I have since got rid of that emotion. I will wait until medal gear. No sense in getting a PS3 right now with 360 ports on it. I will get a Wii like I said but in no way will it replace my 360!

Haven't played Gears yet. Been tempted many times to get it, but I had one hell of a CC bill last month and this month isn't shaping up to be any easier with the Wii already on there. I knew I wasn't going to touch it for months after this weekend so I just decided to wait. I will get it, but most likely around my birthday in Feb.

ONLY 3 DAYS!!!!!

Loki,
thanks for the tip. As exciting as it looks to play new games, I am just as excited to play classic stuff without having to dig in storage to find my old consoles, or go through the hassle of hooking up all sorts of cables. It'll be nice to throw on the system and play any Mario game, or some weird classics like Kid Icarus or Earthbound. I just don't want to go broke storing all the games, and I know SanDisk memory cards are pretty affordable. This week will be really crazy with all the launch lines, people were at Best Buy last night on my way home from work for the PS3!

whoever gets one...we gotta see video footage of you playing it......personally I think it's a novelty factor that will soon become annoying

who can be bothered waving their arms about like a lunatic during a late night gaming session? :lol

Back