Best places to buy anime figures/ statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AmiAmi. No arguments. This is definitely the most reliable, efficient, and often most affordable too. They get you the products quickest, with the best packaging, and the fastest. That being said, their customer service for international customers is quite lacking.

got a few orders in with Amiami haven't seen there service first hand yet.

I used AmiAmi but have also wondered about ordering straight from Goodsmile too. Ebay worries me when it comes to Anime figures because of the amount of Fakes out there.

I've used AmiAmi, Hobby Link Japan, Good Smile Online Shop, and Crunchyroll's online shop. All have met expectations. AmiAmi seems the most popular out of the bunch.

amiami.com (bought tons of stuff there, only complain is they don't do return for overseas customer)
hlj.com (bought few stuff, no complain)
mandarake.co.jp (have no experience, but my friends said it's best site if you hunt rare figures, whether it's new or 2nd)

Animehumi is good because it occasionally has coupons, free shipping and is fast and the deals are generally good without coupons.
HobbyLinkJapan as livindaye said is great too, though they take a long time to ship but their deals are good too. Their 'discontinued'/order stop policy sucks though.

While I do like AmiAmi a lot, I find myself desiring a nice Japanese site that allows canceling. Anyone know of any? How is HLJ's policy on cancellations?

HLJ allow cancelations no issues. Only issue I find is that they're slightly more expensive than Amiami and offer no RPs

animeshumi is pretty good, have some deals and free shipping at times. They need more figures from various producers though

How much does Shipping (to USA) usually cost from AmiAmi for one 1/6th scale figure such as a RAH or a Hot Toys??

Want to know if it´s still cheaper to buy i.e the RAH Link from AmiAmi for 15,000 Yens + (mysterious shipping I´m asking for)

How much does Shipping (to USA) usually cost from AmiAmi for one 1/6th scale figure such as a RAH or a Hot Toys??

Want to know if it´s still cheaper to buy i.e the RAH Link from AmiAmi for 15,000 Yens + (mysterious shipping I´m asking for)

Think anywhere from $30 to $40 for shipping.

Shipping depens on what service you use. Air small packet is probobly the BEST, and you can ship up to 4 figma sized boxes in one air small packet. so smaller 1/6th figures would work too.

it's usualy about 12$ shipping.

Amiami is my favourite place to buy anime stuff from, but they don't like cancellations. I have canceled one figure from them in the past with no problems but if you do it to often they will ban your account.

For stuff I'm slightly unsure about (in terms of cancelling) I use HLJ. You can modify and cancel your order yourself without even having to contact them directly. But I do try and keep cancellations at a minimum, as you don't want to abuse that service. And their discounts aren't as a big as amiami ad HS (See below). But sometimes their shipping can be a touch cheaper (for larger items).

I have also bought from Hobby Search. They're much like amiami, but their discounts aren't quite as good as amiamis. I like to use them as a second chance shop when I'm trying to order something that sells out to fast at amiami (and Hobby Search's site doesn't crash so easily when a popular item goes up for pre-order).

I have one question regarding AmiAmi:

Some items are marked with the "Remarks: For sale in Japan only.", such as the Figma Kill la Kill Ryuko and all the Attack on Titan Figmas. But it does allow to add it to cart and purchase it. Has anyone tried actually buying it and got it shipped or did AmiAmi cance the order?

logo.png

I use them for the majority of my purchases, basically the only things I dont get from here are ones that have exclusives elsewhere.

Back