Hello From Malaysia!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anchorman

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Hello Everybady!

I hope you are all looking forward to this new collecting year as I am, with so many great pieces coming up in 2014.

Just wanted to introduce myself: I am from KL Malaysia and I am a movie, video game and cartoon/ anime fan. Started statue collecting years back in uni, picking up DC Direct's Justice League animated series and Gentle Giant's Star Wars Clone Wars animated series. Now I have graduated into Sideshow Collectibles, which is unfortunately going to do some serious damage to my wallet. I have a feeling this new passion is going to bankrupt me :monkey2

I have already started collecting a few pieces from Sideshow and the second-hand market on eBay (ouch!). So far I have picked up Boba Fett Mythos, Darth Vader Mythos, Silver Surfer Comiquette, Poison Ivy PF and WM PF :yess:

You all seem like a passionate and fun community. It certainly has been easy to get into this hobby through the great youtube reviews from some of the established collectors such as madxcollector, averone007, DarthChrisDK and statuehunter75 (point me in the direction of some other good ones please, the more the merrier). I look forward to talking shop with everyone and LETS GET THIS SHOW ON THE ROAD!

Cheers,
Anchorman

Welcome to the board, buddy. Always nice to meet a new face here, and a new collector. You have some great times ahead of you, I am certain! :)

Oh, and thanks a lot for mentioning me. That's a great honor! I'm very glad that you find my videos helpful.

Let me know if there is anything you need to know. :)

Stay frosty!

Selamat datang fellow Malaysian. I'm from KL but moved to KB due to work.

Interesting you mentioned JLU, what do you have? I still have the 10" Batman maquette on my shelf. He's awesome!

Welcome to the board, buddy. Always nice to meet a new face here, and a new collector. You have some great times ahead of you, I am certain! :)

Oh, and thanks a lot for mentioning me. That's a great honor! I'm very glad that you find my videos helpful.

Let me know if there is anything you need to know. :)

Stay frosty!

Thanks for the warm welcome Chris. I just watched your review of the Deadpool PF and I am seriously thinking about taking the plunge. I think I need to have some focus or else I be trying to collect everything under the sun :panic:

Selamat datang fellow Malaysian. I'm from KL but moved to KB due to work.

Interesting you mentioned JLU, what do you have? I still have the 10" Batman maquette on my shelf. He's awesome!

Hi Ryan, really good to see a fellow Malaysian on this forum, I was wondering if there were a lot of us out there. Yes, Batman is awesome and is definitely one of my favourites. I think he was the second statue I ever bought. I was really into the series so I managed to pick up the entire set from the first run (Superman, Batman, GL, WW, Hawkgirl, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman).

What else do you collect? Any interesting PO's you looking forward to?

Btw, as a seasoned collector hopefully you can give me some advice on where/ how you purchase your Sideshow statues in Malaysia. So far I have only found Shiok Toys in the Curve, Robotica Toys in Subang and Big Bang Toys in Publika. I am on the hunt for a Obi Wan Mythos statue and any leads you could give would be greatly appreciated :duff

Hi Ryan, really good to see a fellow Malaysian on this forum, I was wondering if there were a lot of us out there. Yes, Batman is awesome and is definitely one of my favourites. I think he was the second statue I ever bought. I was really into the series so I managed to pick up the entire set from the first run (Superman, Batman, GL, WW, Hawkgirl, The Flash, Martian Manhunter and Aquaman).

What else do you collect? Any interesting PO's you looking forward to?

Btw, as a seasoned collector hopefully you can give me some advice on where/ how you purchase your Sideshow statues in Malaysia. So far I have only found Shiok Toys in the Curve, Robotica Toys in Subang and Big Bang Toys in Publika. I am on the hunt for a Obi Wan Mythos statue and any leads you could give would be greatly appreciated :duff

Me too, I love the Batman animated stuff but as for Justice League, I only have the 9" Batman. It's not easy to get the whole set. Congrats to you!

I myself just collect Metal Gear Solid stuff and a few Hot Toys and Play Arts, slowly working my way to a decent collection. :lol

Hmm, you got me there. It's quite difficult to find Sideshow distributors in Malaysia and the places you mentioned are also the only ones I can think of too. I think Lowyat is the other choice and I myself am selling a few Batman: The Animated Series collectibles and Hot Toys stuff there right now.

I think a lot of hardcore collectors hang out on the Lowyat forum so I tend to ask where to get stuff locally there. Hope that helps buddy. :duff

Thanks for the jalan. I will try look and see if I can convince another collector to part with their beloved kenobi... And so the hunt begins :banana

Back