Star Wars Novels help

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundwave

Super Freak
Reaction score
So my venture back to the Star Wars Universe continues & I was clearing out some books when I stumbled across an old Star Wars Novel that I never actually got round to reading - Vector Prime
I did have a lot of the novels but over time they got given to charity shops so can't actually remember most of them now & I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a good jumping on point??

I still have the Admiral Thrawn trilogy which I'll be re-reading but I did google a Timeline & nearly died at the sheer size of it...

https://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_books

But is there a good place to ease myself back in?

Thanks in advance

Neil

Vector Prime would definitely confuse you if you haven't ever read post-ROTJ books. I would start with the Thrawn trilogy, there's several main characters introduced there, maybe read a synopsis of what happens between that and the New Jedi Order series. Once you get to that you have to consider how much you want to read, the NJO is 19 books, then there's the Legacy of the Force series which is 9 books, and then there's the Fate of the Jedi series which is also 9 books. So it's quite a lot of stuff. If you want something more manageable, there's the Darth Bane series which is 3 books, that one takes place 1,000 years before Episode I and is very good.

Vector Prime would definitely confuse you if you haven't ever read post-ROTJ books. I would start with the Thrawn trilogy, there's several main characters introduced there, maybe read a synopsis of what happens between that and the New Jedi Order series. Once you get to that you have to consider how much you want to read, the NJO is 19 books, then there's the Legacy of the Force series which is 9 books, and then there's the Fate of the Jedi series which is also 9 books. So it's quite a lot of stuff. If you want something more manageable, there's the Darth Bane series which is 3 books, that one takes place 1,000 years before Episode I and is very good.

EEK!!!!!!!

Thanks for that there's quite a lot there lol

I have read the Thrawn trilogy & quite a few books in between but gave a lot up so can't go back & see what was there, I do have some understanding but ther has been so much in between it's a bit daunting where to begin.

I guess I'll hold off on Vector Prime for a bit & have a stab at getting started somewhere else.

Thanks for the advice it's really appreciated

Neil

Zahn has also written some other novels set before and after the Thrawn trilogy. I also highly recommend the X-wing series. There are 9 of those. Amazon sells them as a bundle for kindle, sometimes goes on sale.

If you want some prequel era clone action, the Republic Commando series is pretty good!

Thrawn Trilogy is a GREAT starting point.
The X-wing series is pretty good too, and it takes place BEFORE The thrawn trilogy, but AFTER ROTJ.
Truce At Bakura LITERALY starts hours after the end of ROTJ.

A good question would be, WHERE do you want to start, and what do you want to read?

There are also some GREAT auidobooks. Anthony Daniles did a reading of the Thrawn Trilogy, for example.

Thanks again for all the advice guys.

I think what I'm going to do first is go back through the list I linked to & try to work out which ones I have already read...I did have quite a sizeable collection before I gave them away so if I can remember what they were then I might give myself an idea on where it's best to begin again :)

I did read Truce at Bakura & at least one on the X-wing books as well.

Thanks again for all this

Neil

Back