No 1/6 scale Hunger Games??? Why not????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Underworld54

Super Freak
Reaction score
Surely we should at least have a Katniss figure in either her battle gear in The Hunger Games or her arena uniform in Catching Fire. I'm sure she'd sell very well. There's many characters that would sell well. Effie in her many makeup jobs and dresses would entice double dippers. So why don't we have anything yet? This license would be a slam dunk.

I can't see a line lasting past Katniss.

Maybe a Haymitch so people could have a drunk Woody Harrelson.

I really want a quality Katniss figure. But yeah, that's about it. Head sculpts on any of the other main characters might have to have an extremely good likeness to get me interested.

I think it's perceived too much for young women for a company like HT. But I agree - I'd definitely be down for a Katniss and a President Snow. The others, I'm not sure.

I think it's perceived too much for young women for a company like HT.

Then somebody is missing a chance to make money. I over heard one girl the other day saying how she has seen Catching Fire three times. That is like people used to do with Star Wars. I think a high end 1:6 figure that realistically captured Jennifer Lawrence could open up the hobby to a completely different demographic.

Personally I would buy a realistic Katniss figure in any format.

Until seeing this thread I hadn't realized that there were no 1:6th Hunger Game figures. I'm really surprised. Anyway, I'd love a really good Katniss and Cinna.

It's not that popular so it won't sell. Companies like HT considers global markets. Why persue a license that they probably make one or two characters that sells below 2000units when another Ironmen or upcoming Xmen can sell 3000 or more

How can you say it's not that popular? Let's review how not that popular it is shall we???

-The two films so far have grossed $1.5B worldwide and after Mockingjay parts 1 and 2, it will most likely will have grossed $3.5B worldwide.

-The books have been sold in 56 worldwide markets and have been translated into 51 languages.

-The books series have overtaken the Harry Potter series as the best selling book series ever.

So yes, it is overwhelmingly popular.

Um, I'm pretty sure companies have picked up far less popular licenses.

It's not that popular so it won't sell. Companies like HT considers global markets. Why persue a license that they probably make one or two characters that sells below 2000units when another Ironmen or upcoming Xmen can sell 3000 or more

I'd think it'd be worth someone's time to just do Katniss if on one else. People would buy it.

I really don't think that's it. It is huge - probably almost as big as Twilight. I'm sure it's the perceived lack of crossover in the fan base to 1/6 collectibles that would keep them from it.

They did Lone Ranger - mostly because of their success with Johnny Depp movies in the past. If they can do Lone Ranger they can at least give us a Katniss.

Well, Hunger Games: Catching Fire did just pass Iron Man 3 as the top grossing film of 2013 - so that is saying something! Maybe we need an endless flood of Katniss figures to accompany all of our Iron Men? :lol

Back