Has anybody done a credit card chargeback >6 months after the purchase for a preorder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spidercan

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Has anybody done a credit card chargeback >6 months after the purchase for a preorder

Just wondering if anybody has had success doing so for preorders that come out months after? Called my cc companies and they said they only allow for 60 days after the date of purchase, however I've heard that's not actually the case. Just wanted to see if I can get my behind covered on distant future preorders.

Edit: so I don't get scammed and never receive the figure

Re: Has anybody done a credit card chargeback >6 months after the purchase for a preo

Just wondering if anybody has had success doing so for preorders that come out months after? Called my cc companies and they said they only allow for 60 days after the date of purchase, however I've heard that's not actually the case. Just wanted to see if I can get my behind covered on distant future preorders.

.???are you trying to get your NRD back?

Re: Has anybody done a credit card chargeback >6 months after the purchase for a preo

.???are you trying to get your NRD back?

No, this is pre-emptive. Haven't actually bought anything yet. In the case I never receive the figure, just wanted to see if there're any kinds of protection available.
Not too worried about sideshow, but other smaller vendors.

No, this is pre-emptive. Haven't actually bought anything yet. In the case I never receive the figure, just wanted to see if there're any kinds of protection available.

My definition of 'never' has always been paypal's 45-day dispute period :)

Well said. However for figures that will not be released for many months, if I were to pre-order now, wanted to see if there's any kind of protection. Obv paypal would be useless at that point.

Well said. However for figures that will not be released for many months, if I were to pre-order now, wanted to see if there's any kind of protection. Obv paypal would be useless at that point.

I never order from ebay or any place that requires a NRD - unless they're a trusted outfit like Sideshow - for the reason that I just assumed I wouldn't be protected. When banks lay down their rules they're harder to shift than a Frenchman who lives next door to a brothel*. But if you hear any different be sure to let us know :)

*apologies Edmund Blackadder

Definitely will do. So far I've only been pre-ordering from sideshow as well, for that very same reason. however the 10% tax is very significant.

I'd play it safe. Unless you have a local vendor that you can trust, don't do it, just wait until its closer to release.

Thats just me, though.

I can't see any reasonable lending institution giving you 6 months grace.

I was wondering if its possible as well.

On oct 13 i bought something from bodybuilding.com and was charged $70. Fast forward 2+ months to present, i still havent received it yet. I tried asking for a refund and they said that they cant give me a refund unless the items were sent back to them. The tracking they provided still says the item is still in the US and hasnt changed till now.

I'm with you 150%.
The only exceptions I'll make are Sideshow and Big Chief.

I was wondering if its possible as well.

On oct 13 i bought something from bodybuilding.com and was charged $70. Fast forward 2+ months to present, i still havent received it yet. I tried asking for a refund and they said that they cant give me a refund unless the items were sent back to them. The tracking they provided still says the item is still in the US and hasnt changed till now.

If you paid by credit card, its possible your card company may be able to help because the tracking details show you never received the goods, particularly if you sent the seller messages in the interim chasing the delivery, so you should contact the card company immediately and make a claim.. If you paid any other way, you will probably have to chalk it up to experience.. the '44 days, then make a claim' PayPal rule should be regarded as a cast iron code, at all times.. and never pay for a Pre-order that automatically exceeds that timescale, by Paypal.

Back